Pre-Game Talk: PGDT: Islanders@ Devils 10/4 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishstick

Mar 4, 2013
Europe
Devils lost yesterday and Schneider didn't put up good numbers.
Go get the win boys :handclap:

Edit: Just read Brodeur should be in goal for the Devils, either way they can do it :)

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
I jumped out of bed this morning. It's finally here!!!

QyAt9Vx.gif

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
SO pumped for another season and to get started with some Isles Hockey!!! I love you all...Cheers to a good season my friends....LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
I'm excited to see how our Islanders fare this season. Let's start with a bang, shall we?

Islanders 3
Debbies 0

Johnny boy with the natural tavartrick.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
It's going to be low scoring like usual, did anyone watch the devils play last night? They don't give up a lot of shots, but they do give up solid scoring chances, need to capitalize on them. They take a lot of shots from the blue line, not really quality shots, just look for rebounds and deflections.

2-1 Isles

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
No excuses this season, the training wheels are off. This season isnt about taking the next step, it is about making the giant leap. The core is signed and now it is up to them to prove they are the future. Guys like Strome/Nelson etc are waiting in the wings.

If they start flat, Capuano needs to change his ways and stop rolling the same lines every day hoping for a turnaround. (good luck with that)

The Islanders need to come out of the gates ready to make an impact and prove they are the real deal. I have faith in Nabby and am excited to see Poulin do his best. If Poulin regresses then bring up Nilsson immediately. If he is terrible then go make a trade! This really isnt a season where we are going to sit back and hope they can turn it around. I dont want to hear about how young they are. The core has been around for 4-5 years. They are no longer school boys!

I am upset that Strome didnt start the season but am confident he will be playing soon. Excited for Brock and really believe our bottom 6 will be a pain the ass for the opposing team. As long as we stay healthy and grow, I dont see why we cant be a 3-5 seed team in the Eastern Conference. That is not being an optimist, that is me believing that this team has talent and as much as I post some negative things (due to management) I loved what I saw in the spring and if that team shows up on a nightly basis and always tries hard then friends - dont make any spring/early summer plans because the Islanders are going deep in the playoffs.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Saw a bit of the Devs last night.. they looked weak..

Isles 3
Devs 2

Bones - falls asleep during third and misses Grabners breakaway --- he doesn't score...

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
not sure if i'm more excited for the first game tonight to watch on TV, or for the home opener saturday. I want to start drinking already. wearing my isles hat on my way to work in manhattan today. LGI! :yo:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I'm excited like I'm playing in this game. Not just wearing full equipment in the sofa.

Been some really good hockey games this year so far. Games are fast and intense. Devils will be fired up coming off a loss.

Isles need to play with emotion. Something they gave struggled with, early in games and early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad