Recalled/Assigned: Peyton Krebs to VGK

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Did Vegas put someone on LTIR? How can they afford him under the cap when they had to send down glass due to cap?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Did Vegas put someone on LTIR? How can they afford him under the cap when they had to send down glass due to cap?
Glass was sent down to continue developing, not for cap, although at the start when juggling the lineup due to Kolesar he was.

Vegas has Reaves+Brown on LTIR, good for 2-3 players called up. Jurco, Sikura, & Coghlan had been called up previously(due to Nosek+Roy+Marchy being out). They all seem to have been sent down now, leaving space for Krebs + an additional callup if need be.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The guys he's playing with won't make him look that great right now. Reminds me of us thinking Tuch or Glass would look like future stars when Eakin was their center. Not sure how much I want to see these prospects playing with poorly fitted linemates in the NHL but sounds like tonight they had to use him due to injuries. Would have been fine with him being scratched and the coaches just saying they wanted to see where he's at physically. I think AHL duty is equally dubious right now with their idea for the playoffs.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The guys he's playing with won't make him look that great right now. Reminds me of us thinking Tuch or Glass would look like future stars when Eakin was their center. Not sure how much I want to see these prospects playing with poorly fitted linemates in the NHL but sounds like tonight they had to use him due to injuries. Would have been fine with him being scratched and the coaches just saying they wanted to see where he's at physically. I think AHL duty is equally dubious right now with their idea for the playoffs.

Most of his shifts were with Tuch tonight. I didn't think Krebs looked out of place at all. I'd rather have Krebs in the lineup than any of Carrier/Kolesar/Reaves.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Most of his shifts were with Tuch tonight. I didn't think Krebs looked out of place at all. I'd rather have Krebs in the lineup than any of Carrier/Kolesar/Reaves.

Down the road yes agreed. I just don't know if a guy that young coming from playing in juniors is ideal to be integrated in tough games with playoff implications. If it was another game against the four weaklings I'd be fine with it. That being said if they literally had no other bodies to use I guess it's fine.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He looked good in all three zones tonight. Looked like he has been running with the team all season, honestly.

I understand sample size and all that, and I fully expect he sits if nosek and Patches are both healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->