Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Welcome to the Golden Misfits, Scooter!

07b88-ms_gp_68.jpg

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Congrats on taking Krebs. As a Jets fan I was hoping he would drop to #20 so fans could see him locally since he is playing for our Western Hockey League team. The good news is he has a tonne of backup as the #1 and #2 pick in the WHL Draft were Winnipeg Ice selections and both agreed to play for the team.

Reactions: Seven0two

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Was hoping for Spencer Knight, but just knew Fla. would take him, Luongo is almost ready for Medicare, but Krebs is a steal at #17. Canadiens really wanted him but couldn't pass Caufield.

Aug 10, 2015
As an Oilers fan I very much wanted to see Edmonton take Krebs at 8.

As a Kootenay Ice season ticket holder, once the Oilers didn’t take him I was still excited to see where he would go....congrats VGK fans, you picked a great player today....jealous.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
As an Oilers fan I very much wanted to see Edmonton take Krebs at 8.

As a Kootenay Ice season ticket holder, once the Oilers didn’t take him I was still excited to see where he would go....congrats VGK fans, you picked a great player today....jealous.

I think Broberg was a fantastic pick, suspect you'll end up being very happy with that one. Dude can play and has one of those names that's gonna be loved by the media on top of it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Any long term worries about the achilles injury? Watching Erik Karlsson never be the same after getting his sliced has been a legitimate concern I have.

He is a smaller guy, so a loss of mobility could really hurt his development. I think the very good IQ could make up for it in a way, but he seems to be a little waterbug and skating is the basis of his game.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This selection killed a Ducks trade up.

From Eric Stephens:
"The Ducks had a chance to really turn heads at the draft. With the 29th and 39th overall choices also at their disposal, they investigated moving up to No. 18 for their second pick.
Dallas held that choice and the framework of a deal had been arranged. Vegas’ selection of center Peyton Krebs at 17 ruined the plan, because the Ducks liked the heady playmaking center who stood out on a struggling Kootenay Ice team in the Western Hockey League."

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This selection killed a Ducks trade up.

From Eric Stephens:
"The Ducks had a chance to really turn heads at the draft. With the 29th and 39th overall choices also at their disposal, they investigated moving up to No. 18 for their second pick.
Dallas held that choice and the framework of a deal had been arranged. Vegas’ selection of center Peyton Krebs at 17 ruined the plan, because the Ducks liked the heady playmaking center who stood out on a struggling Kootenay Ice team in the Western Hockey League."
The flames fan side of me loves that we hindered the ducks :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I wanted Krebs for my Habs but we couldn't pass on Cole so I'm happy. Vegas has fast become my second favorite team. You will love this kid. cant believe he fell there. Lot of dumb teams.

Reactions: derriko

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Man this kid is a pleasure to watch. I posted on the Habs board that he reminds me of Brendan Gallagher. A bigger Gallagher with better vision and passing that plays center. He looks like he could hop into the NHL right now. Vegas has a beauty here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad