Who will be the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Suggesting that EP is more overrated than Matthews and being vastly "significantly inferior" to Matthews clearly shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Might want to know what the thread is on btw.

Either of those players are superior than whatever left winger EP plays with. Simple as that.

When did anyone say Boeser is superior than Matthews? Some argued he could be a better goal scorer, which wasn't so far fetched at the time.

It was plenty far fetched...Matthews just hit 100 in game 187, that’s better than a goal in every 2 games. So Zach Hyman and near 49 year old Marleau is the leg your standing on?

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
It was plenty far fetched...Matthews just hit 100 in game 187, that’s better than a goal in every 2 games. So Zach Hyman and near 49 year old Marleau is the leg your standing on?

No it wasn't, considering most of the polls were on who was going to be the better goal scorer out of the two. Boeser was playing with waiver fodder players and produced when Horvat was missing out of the lineup. Matthews also played for a signficant offensive overall team, so yeah the arguments then were valid since they were projecting about future predictions and outcomes.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I hate to break it to you...no one said Carey was going to be a bum either after winning the Calder. The claims by Canuck fans in here...2nd best player next to McDavid are downright laughable. You’ll be lucky if he reaches the Sedin level
Yes, I remember clearly. He wasn’t one of the more highly regarded prospects at all. And, as opposed to Pettersson, the only thing that looked good on Carey were the stats. He was much like a Roman Turek or a Checkmanek. He didn’t have eye popping skill. He didn’t “look” in terms of technique like one of the best of the time as in a Rou or a Hasek.

That is a massive contrast to Pettersson, who unless someone doesn’t watch him, or if someone lets an emotional bond or bias cloud there judgment has already displayed that the things he can do and see on the ice are things that very, very few players can do and see on the ice.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
matthews pulls ahead in both goals and points, in 5 less games and a min and a half less pp time per game

sorry nucks fans

Reactions: LeafsNation75

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Pettersson just got his 2nd pint of the night himself with the game headed to OT. His phenomenal season is coming with one tenth of the talent around him as well.

Snipe of a goal

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
He's 10 months older which is a notable (but not huge) difference at that age. It's comparable to Matthews sophomore year. That year Matthews was one of the best 5v5 producers in the league on a per 60 basis (and yes, I know Pettersson is doing that now).

I disagree that he has. Let's see what happens when his shooting numbers start to somewhat normalize. No player holds a shooting percentage over 20% long-term.
In other words laine should of won calder over matthews since he was much younger.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
matthews pulls ahead in both goals and points, in 5 less games and a min and a half less pp time per game

sorry nucks fans
One team's scored 206 goals, one 168. Pettersson also is a rookie.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I said Matthews was better but if Elias Pettersson voted for Boeser, I'm gona have to change my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad