Pettersson vs. Hischier

Who will be better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
"It's funny how you make all these predictions", in a thread that's literally about predicting the NHL futures of two players. Not sure what you expected to see when coming in here.
Did you read the rest of my post? It’s not about making predictions. It’s aboht having knowledge of both players while making such predictions, which evidentially a lot of people posting in here do not posses. Try making it through the full post before replying next time my guy :)

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Nope. That’s not the way it works. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s close has only been watching one of the two players. It’s very close.
EP is going to be a stud, I’m not arguing that. Offensively him and Nico have a similar ceiling, but the 200 foot game Nico plays separates him from EP.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
EP is going to be a stud, I’m not arguing that. Offensively him and Nico have a similar ceiling, but the 200 foot game Nico plays separates him from EP.
It’s just a ridiculous statement to say that it’s Hischier AINEC. Pettersson has a good 200 foot game as well. It’s very close. And anyone who has watched both of them would concede that. Appealing to authority by citing their draft order over a year after the draft is a weak argument imo.
Honestly there’s just been too many homers on both sides of the debate taking extreme positions to pump their prospect.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
If EP sticks at center I could see him being a 70-80 point player in the mold of Backstrom (1C).
If Nico hits his potential I could see him being a 70 point player in the mold of a poor man's Datysuk.

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Did you read the rest of my post? It’s not about making predictions. It’s aboht having knowledge of both players while making such predictions, which evidentially a lot of people posting in here do not posses. Try making it through the full post before replying next time my guy :)

Oh I read it. I also don't agree that Hischier and Pettersson have the same offensive upside. I've seen offensive tools from Petterson that make me think he could be a Top 3 scorer in the NHL someday.

If you think that everyone who holds this opinion lacks hockey knowledge, so be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Were pundits too hard on the 2017 NHL Draft?

Experts said it was the worst since 99, but it's producing some very very good players. Obv not on the level of a 2015 or 2003 or anything crazy like that, but I look at that 1st round and it hardly looks like a WOAT draft atm and it should only age better as years go by as more guys make it to the NHL.

I remember they said "the best player in this draft won't come from the top 10, but probably from the middle rounds."

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
1 game doesn't make a player a 1C, if he performs well over the season sure but he's not shown that yet. Any player can have a good game.
Agreed. But hes played an ENTIRE season at the NHL level already bub :shakehead

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
This poll answer will seem much clearer after this season, when the NHL realizes what they have in Pettersson. I think that, in his prime, he'll be flirting with top 5 finishes in the scoring race, to go along with a tremendous all-around game. He is a VERY special player.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I'm betting on Pettersson to be the more dynamic scorer in the future with Hischier the better two-way player. Pettersson if I have to pick between the two.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What kind of logic is this? Is jeff Skinner better than kuznetsov because he was in nhl earlier?

People really are dense in here
They are being simplistic, but not dense. Hischier had a better draft year and a better D+1 year. He was the higher regarded prospect and nothing has changed with that, especially not one NHL game.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
They are being simplistic, but not dense. Hischier had a better draft year and a better D+1 year. He was the higher regarded prospect and nothing has changed with that, especially not one NHL game.
Poll says in the future.

Also debatable if Hischier really had a better D-1 year. EP put up 41p in 43 games in a mens league.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Poll says in the future.

Also debatable if Hischier really had a better D-1 year. EP put up 41p in 43 games in a mens league.
Using the NHLe factor of 0.58 for the SHL, it would predict Pettersson's point totals for this upcoming season at 61 points in 82 games. I'm not aware of a factor for Allsvenskan, so even generously using the SHL factor it would have predicted 45 points in 82 games for him last season. He had an amazing season in Sweden in 17-18, but it's not the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad