Petterson vs Marner

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for completely ignoring my stats...

So Marner gets less than 69 points and Barzal more than 85. Gotcha.
Don't bet the house on that.
I never said that. Now you’re just making up scenarios to suit your biased agenda.
You posted zero stats to show that Barzal will regress. Perhaps you need a dictionary to learn what a stat is.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Now you’re just making up scenarios to suit your biased agenda.
You posted zero stats to show that Barzal will regress. Perhaps you need a dictionary to learn what a stat is.
85 points is harder to repeat than 69 especially when the guy getting 69 is being put in his easiest situation with Tavares, more minuttes, and Barzal is in a tougher situation.

Give me your stats since obviously I have failed. Tel;l me why Marner can't get past 69?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
85 points is harder to repeat than 69 especially when the guy getting 69 is being put in his easiest situation with Tavares, more minuttes, and Barzal is in a tougher situation.

Give me your stats since obviously I have failed. Tel;l me why Marner can't get past 69?
I asked you three times now to provide stats as to why Barzal will regress. I’m still waiting.
I never said Marner won’t get more than 69 points. You’re arguing with yourself here and still losing.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I asked you three times now to provide stats as to why Barzal will regress. I’m still waiting.
I never said Marner won’t get more than 69 points. You’re arguing with yourself here and still losing.
I have zero stats to prove it. But without Tavares it will be very difficult to reach 85. I will bet you any amount he does not. If he had 69 last season I would not be doing that.
He has a new coach and statistically will over the course of a season will play tougher minutes without Tavares. Interesting that YOU accused me of bias because I picked Barzal to regress and not Marner.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have zero stats to prove it. But without Tavares it will be very difficult to reach 85. I will bet you any amount he does not. If he had 69 last season I would not be doing that.
He has a new coach and statistically will over the course of a season will play tougher minutes without Tavares. Interesting that YOU accused me of bias because I picked Barzal to regress and not Marner.
You have zero stats.
Thank you. That is what I expected. It’s a biased opinion.
Why didn’t you just say that in your first post instead of arguing about it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You have zero stats.
Thank you. That is what I expected. It’s a biased opinion.
Why didn’t you just say that in your first post instead of arguing about it.
So zero stats is a biased opinion? Do you accuse everyone of that?
He had 85 points as a rookie in a no D system. LOL. The odds are so against him.
Mitch Marner is now entering the easiest his career has ever been.
The in-depth stats I gave for Marner is enough to conclude Barzal regresses, not him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Came in looking for responses we saw when we did thes Gaudreau/Marner poll; except with the shoe on the other foot.
Was not disappointed.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Came in looking for responses we saw when we did thes Gaudreau/Marner poll; except with the shoe on the other foot.
Was not disappointed.

JG entered the league at the age of 21 that Marner has now. EP entered the league in his d+2, ditto with Marner. Your comparison is whack and it's not the same thing lmao.

Nobody says Marner is better than JG right now anyways, most Leaf fans think he's got the potential to be as good as JG however based on his past 2 seasons.

Leaf fans sure as hell weren't saying that after 3 games into Marner's career either.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
JG entered the league at the age of 21 that Marner has now. EP entered the league in his d+2, ditto with Marner. Your comparison is whack and it's not the same thing lmao.

Nobody says Marner is better than JG right now anyways, most Leaf fans think he's got the potential to be as good as JG however based on his past 2 seasons.

Leaf fans sure as hell weren't saying that after 3 games into Marner's career either.

Bold 1:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mitch-marner-vs-johnny-hockey.2554195/page-2

Also, here's one where the claim is Nylander >> Gaudreau start of last season:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/willy-nylander-vs-gaudreau.2401097/
Bruh.

Bold 2:
Don't want to dig up that 2016 poll, because there's some gold in there too.

The comparison is gold. Gold Jerry. Essentially it's a guy with a couple years under his belt, vs a rookie, and now the arguments are like exactly the same. Genius. It was like watching Edmonton fans draft Yamamoto then go in circles about size and their Gaudreau comments from years back.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bold 1:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mitch-marner-vs-johnny-hockey.2554195/page-2

Bruh.

Bold 2:

The comparison is gold. Gold Jerry. Essentially it's a guy with a couple years under his belt, vs a rookie, and now the arguments are like exactly the same. Genius. It was like watching Edmonton fans draft Yamamoto then go in circles about size and their Gaudreau comments from years back.
Looks like a certain fan base moving the goal posts to support their guy.
To be fair everyone does it to an extent but after all the Matthews, Nylander and Marner (aka The Big Three!) polls we saw after a couple of NHL games it’s ironic to see the shoe in the other foot.
:laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Looks like a certain fan base moving the goal posts to support their guy.
To be fair everyone does it to an extent but after all the Matthews, Nylander and Marner (aka The Big Three!) polls we saw after a couple of NHL games it’s ironic to see the shoe in the other foot.
:laugh:

I'm just completely blown away by it to be honest.
I avoided this poll because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist all the magic in this thread. A slow day at work, makes this an awesome read.

I imagine if Pettersson continues to impress (and he's been uber impressive on a team where he is the guy) there will be a year end on that'll be an amazing ready again. Especially if Marner continues his pace too. I imagine you'll be able to copy/paste arguments against each other and they'll be mirror images with names switched.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bold 1:

Bruh.

Bold 2:

In fairness Marner is getting his butt kicked in that poll.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Back to the poll.
I don't think you could go wrong with either player.

Pettersson is the one more likely to be a full time centre in the NHL. Marner on his own is likely a 70 point skill winger you could anchor a top line on. His numbers will be up playing with JT this year for sure; which is good for the Leafs.

Based on 3-4 games this season... it's hard to peg. You take Marner based on you knowing he can score at a higher clips early on. If Pettersson goes near PPG though, it's him.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Boeser is still injured and has his wrist bandaged while playing, after going through a traumatic career threatening injury. Chill out dude.
He should be on IR then.

PS: Didn't stop you guys from the Boeser vs Matthews comparison and trashing Matthews's playoff performance when he was dealing with a concussion and other injuries. But whatever. Hope Boeser gets better and returns to form soon.

Reactions: Yamazaki

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
He should be on IR then.

PS: Didn't stop you guys from the Boeser vs Matthews comparison and trashing Matthews's playoff performance when he was dealing with a concussion and other injuries. But whatever. Hope Boeser gets better and returns to form soon.

Lmao so true. This is going to be a laughable poll in a few months. Marner is getting underrated on here.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pettersson just doesnt have the intensity Marner does, or even had during his rookie season. Pettersson has no skill advantage over Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad