Petteri Nokelainen

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Is it a lock that Petteri is done with the ch? Or at least sent to waivers?

With Eller now playing good hockey & White already in the press box there's no place for him.

Refresh my memory... his he good on face off?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

With Eller now playing good hockey & White already in the press box there's no place for him.

He is the 14th forward, and Weber is the 8th defenceman, and one of the two is expendable. Weber is more versatile being able to play both defence and forward.

But Nokes is not bad as a spare forward or even fourth liner. I list him ahead of Mike Blunden. If an injury occurs before Pacioretty's return, he and Weber will both stay, but if not, we will have to waive someone, because the only two waiver-exempt players are the two Gallys and they are not going anywhere.

Colby Armstrong, by the way, is showing nothing to me. Is he more valuable than Nokelainen? It's close.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

god no....nokes is done...we dont need him anymore. so nokes move on...i can't spell your name. thats the main reason i want you gone. lol jokes...i just dont think theres a place for him here though

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Just because there have not been any injuries does not mean there won't be any here on out.

Keep Noke and Weber through the end of the season unless we're offered a good deal.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I feel that Nokes can contribute to the team in a positive way. I dunno who I'd take out but I'd like to see him play.

hockeyrules123

Oct 2, 2011

Habs have no injuries so far. That can change very fast. Remember last year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We should have kept Tom Pyatt

For sure. He was cheap and reliable, and had potential for more offence, that unfortunately the people on this board and this town did not see. Except for Pierre Maguire and some out-of-town TV analysts.

Too bad he was run out of town for not being able to hold his own in a fight with an a**hole wielding an elbow pad.

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
yeah. did his top face off stats get us anywhere? i mean AN-Y-WHERE.

and we won't miss him. faceoffs alone don't win you ****. but i've been seeing us getting the puck a lot regardless of the faceoff winner. not to say our centers shouldn't focus on improving, because they can and should. but we're losing faceoffs, and winning games.

what, you're gonna keep nokes around JUST in the event that we have a 1 goal lead, ice the puck, have 8 seconds left in the 3rd while being useless for the rest of the time. or you want nokes around so he can centre the 1st and take the most faceoffs but can't keep up with the skill level of his linemates.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I'd take Nokes over White and Armstrong. We don't need another guy who fights. Armstrong is invisible out there. Nokes brings face off ability, he's not afraid to get physical and he's good defensively. He's the guy that would fill in nicely on the 4th and on the PK. Nokes just doesn't get the opportunity to show what he can do with regular icetime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad