Proposal: Petry to TOR (trade deadline)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like how Petry is playing from what I have seen from the Habs this year. I don't think the Habs would deal him barring a huge over payment. He is playing one slot higher than he should be, when Weber gets back he is just going to be better, playing a slot lower. He's a player with immense value at his cap hit.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
He's not available right now. If the team keeps doing well when Weber returns, he's unlikely to be available then too.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I think Petry can be a responsible #3 on a Cup contending team, would love for the Leafs to acquire him at the TDL if he's not too expensive. Would move a first for him, although cap would need to go the other way so a guy like Brown would have to go as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's not available right now. If the team keeps doing well when Weber returns, he's unlikely to be available then too.
When Weber gets back, Petry is going to anchor the #2 pairing. Really something that will make the Canadiens even a tougher match up. Julien can trust either unit on the ice on the road. :thumbu:

Reactions: sansabri

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think Petry can be a responsible #3 on a Cup contending team, would love for the Leafs to acquire him at the TDL if he's not too expensive. Would move a first for him, although cap would need to go the other way so a guy like Brown would have to go as well.

I highly doubt a very low 1st round pick will get it done. Think good prospect and 1st round pick (which is basically a high second)

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
I highly doubt a very low 1st round pick will get it done. Think good prospect and 1st round pick (which is basically a high second)

It's gonna cost them a bit more than that. They're a division rival and we're not here to do them any favors.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's gonna cost them a bit more than that. They're a division rival and we're not here to do them any favors.

I would probably do it for Sandin and a first...Obviously depending where in the standings we are at that point.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The only way Weber will wear a Leafs Jersey is if 50% of his contract is retained.
I think Weber recent capitaincy pretty much killed any deal for him in a foreseeable future.

Not to mention Bergevin recently doubled down when he was asked if he would still do the deal Weber vs Subban.

I think Weber is off the picture and will remain a montreal player.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I think Weber recent capitaincy pretty much killed any deal for him in a foreseeable future.

Not to mention Bergevin recently doubled down when he was asked if he would still do the deal Weber vs Subban.

I think Weber is off the picture and will remain a montreal player.
Weber aint going anywhere. In his first year he was top 10 in norris voting with habs. and in his second he was on pace for 15 goals and 50 pts on one leg playing on the worst offensive team

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You first.:laugh: Doesn't even get a return call from the Habs.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I don’t know if it’s just better the Habs hold on to him for this season and see what happens.

When Weber gets back it’ll be a pretty solid squad if they keep things up.

Reilly Weber
Mete Petry
Ouellet Juulsen
Alzner Benn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->