Petruzalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prucha73

They look like they go to the same hair stylist.

Seriously I am curios why didn't Sharks draft Petruzalek in the 8th round, they liked Kaspar, so it would make sense getting his best buddy and the guy he has great chemistry with. What didn't they like about Petruzalek to take a chance on him in the later rounds?

Last edited by a moderator:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
All I know is he is best friends with Lukas Kaspar and I hear the two have insane chemistry.....and only went to the CHL if they played together...... Those two have a 6th sense about each other and it's been really good for the 67's.

given the insane chemistry and the fact that kaspar would only come over to play in the CHL if ottawa got petruzalek too, it makes me wonder how long after the lockout ends, it takes for doug wilson to call glen sather asking about petruzalek's availability...figuring of course that he probably wouldn't cost that much

X-SHARKIE

Good question....I would've liked to see him drafted by the Sharks but I guess you can't dictate situations because of one player.

Like the Ducks should've traded up for Ladd talks.... you can't drop everything to make one guy happy.....but with such a late round pick he was taken at...8th I think? why not?

Prucha73

X-SHARKIE said:
Good question....I would've liked to see him drafted by the Sharks but I guess you can't dictate situations because of one player.

Like the Ducks should've traded up for Ladd talks.... you can't drop everything to make one guy happy.....but with such a late round pick he was taken at...8th I think? why not?

He was taken in the 9th round. The Sharks' scouts must have watched him many times when scouting Kaspar, maybe there was something they didn't like anout him, besides the obvious size issues.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:

true that you can't drop everything to make one guy happy, but he was a 9th round pick so how high could the price be?? it would have cost the ducks a lot to move up to get ladd so that might not have made sense for them...but if they could get petruzalek for a 7th rounder would you do it??

the way i'd look at it is if the sharks decide that they want to unite the 2 you call the rangers and ask what it would take, if the price is right you make the deal. if you decide the price is too high and not worth it, then you say no thanks...

(besides simply 'trying' to get him might be enough to make kaspar happy LOL)

i'm sure kaspar will be just fine playing with the other top young players in sj anyway...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
No offense, man, but Petru has some sick skill. He's VERY chippy also. He will never back down from ANYTHING. And he doesn't mind contact at all. In some cases, he likes it.

I wanted him EARLIER than the 9th round. I was hoping for Shitikov or the Psurny brothers (we at least got Roman) and Petro from the 4th till the 6th. I never thought he'd drop that low, especially with the insane amount of points he racked up in juniors. Height still takes way too much prevelance in a draft pick. He plays like he's 6'3 and he has GOOD wheels. So it's not like he's a bad skater.

He was a steal that late if he ever pans out like I've hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad