Prospect Info: Petrus Palmu

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Too early to count him out, he’s been counted out his entire career (too small) and still found a way. Johnson said the Canucks really believe in this kid and that is the reason they want him in Finland as Utica can only focus on developing a certain number of youngsters adequately. If there are too many kids that need personal coaching for proper development it takes away from team coaching. In a redraft he would likely be a 4th rounder, it’s progress and that’s all you can really ask for from your prospects. It would definitely be nice to hit a home run in the later rounds but the odds of that happening are very slim.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHA

I mean that's an admission of guilt to the charge of incompetence if I've ever seen one. Other organizations don't seem to have an issue developing any number of young players at the AHL level - and we don't even have that many players to develop down there which is the whole problem!

Like you can't make this crap up.

I still have some hopes for Palmu, probably irrational but I still harbour them.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHA

I mean that's an admission of guilt to the charge of incompetence if I've ever seen one. Other organizations don't seem to have an issue developing any number of young players at the AHL level - and we don't even have that many players to develop down there which is the whole problem!

Like you can't make this crap up.

I still have some hopes for Palmu, probably irrational but I still harbour them.

Syracuse is really struggling with their boatload of talented young 20-22 year olds who are all tracking very well.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sounding more and more like Palmu will never see NA again. Worth a try I guess in the sixth round--but I suppose the track record of any 6th-7th rounder making the NHL are remote at best.

Reactions: geebaan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Palum might actually be a worse signing than even Mackenze Stewart or Yan Pavel Laplante, if that's possible. At least they played a few seasons in the AHL-ECHL.

Palmu disappeared into the wilds of Finland after only a handful of games in Utica, and will never be seen or heard of again. And he's still signed for another year. Yikes!.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I suppose he really didn’t like how he was treated last year given that he didn’t bother coming to camp.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
As far as I can tell, Palmu still does not have a team for this season. Somebody screwed up -- his agent? the Canucks? Palmu? All three?

Reactions: FroshaugFan2

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
as Utica can only focus on developing a certain number of youngsters adequately.
They (Comets) don't seem to care about focusing on quality vets as well. Have to give them props for consistancy (re: do nothing, signing anybody with a pulse).

You must be fun at parties.
I would be REALLY fun at parties smart guy.
that is, if anybody invited me to any.:sarcasm:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's also instructive that yet another player who has been a total bust for this organization bolts and almost immediately looks like a much better player elsewhere...

It was last season when he bolted, and his results then in the Liiga weren't very impressive. He certainly didn't look like a much better player (judging strictly by his stats, I admit). In fact, I'm not sure his results in that second Liiga season matched those of his first. It's great that he's doing better now, and I'm enjoying following him, but it's not that surprising or impressive that he's doing better in what is now his third season in that league.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
It was last season when he bolted, and his results then in the Liiga weren't very impressive. He certainly didn't look like a much better player (judging strictly by his stats, I admit). In fact, I'm not sure his results in that second Liiga season matched those of his first. It's great that he's doing better now, and I'm enjoying following him, but it's not that surprising or impressive that he's doing better in what is now his third season in that league.

Also playing in much better team and his linemate Nättinen is leading league on scoring with 14 goals. They click really well together

Reactions: lindgren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad