Attachments

• upload_2018-12-13_18-32-57.gif
    upload_2018-12-13_18-32-57.gif
    912.9 KB · Views: 0

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I mean since he was a 6th round pick to begin with I don’t really think he’s a “bust” but to say he’s a write-off after his AHL production 4 years after he was draft eligible isn’t exactly controversial.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He was an older player when he was drafted and he couldn't even stay in the lineup.

I love it when posters are completely disingenuous.
How is he a bust? He’s not a highly touted prospect. If you got you’re hopes up then you’re being silly.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
He’s a 6th round pick. If you expected a bonafide middle six winger you’re reaching.

I’m not the one claiming that what Palau has done this season is just fail to go PPG. I don’t see why it’s out of line to expect a player signed to a pretty decent ELC not to end up returning home after like four months.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
You’re arguing semantics.

If you don’t like the word bust, use ‘failed prospect’ instead and the point holds.

He was a prospect people had some hope for, and now those hopes are done with.
don’t give up hope !!! :)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Is it just me, or do the Canucks generally suck when it comes to drafting players from Canadian Major Junior Leagues? Lind and Gadjovich are off to pretty pedestrian starts in Utica; DiPeitro looks like he might be an impact player, but then he's a goalie so I'm not sure that counts. Virtanen looks to have turned a corner, but it's taken him four years to get there. And Juolevi? Who knows, but his London Knights career was nothing spectacular.

Of course they've signed guys like MacEwan, Chatfield, Carcone and Saunter out of Major Junior Leagues, but none of those players were actually drafted. And it's too early to make much of a projection on Jett Woo.

As far as the others, it's been a steady string of guys (most d-men) who never even earned a contract. So Palmu just seems top be latest in a generally poor list. I'm thinking the Canucks should just stick to Europe, the USHL and the NCAA.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Too early to count him out, he’s been counted out his entire career (too small) and still found a way. Johnson said the Canucks really believe in this kid and that is the reason they want him in Finland as Utica can only focus on developing a certain number of youngsters adequately. If there are too many kids that need personal coaching for proper development it takes away from team coaching. In a redraft he would likely be a 4th rounder, it’s progress and that’s all you can really ask for from your prospects. It would definitely be nice to hit a home run in the later rounds but the odds of that happening are very slim.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Too early to count him out, he’s been counted out his entire career (too small) and still found a way. Johnson said the Canucks really believe in this kid and that is the reason they want him in Finland as Utica can only focus on developing a certain number of youngsters adequately. If there are too many kids that need personal coaching for proper development it takes away from team coaching. In a redraft he would likely be a 4th rounder, it’s progress and that’s all you can really ask for from your prospects. It would definitely be nice to hit a home run in the later rounds but the odds of that happening are very slim.

He’s 5-6, can’t skate, and couldn’t handle the AHL in his draft+4 season.

He’s literally the definition of someone you can count out. There is a 0% chance this player ever plays in the NHL.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

He’s literally the definition of someone you can count out. There is a 0% chance this player ever plays in the NHL.
Have to concur unfortunately. If the guy can't beat out career AHL lifers like Bancks, Hamilton, Arseneau, Woods, Caneranessi, Woods or Darcy for a regular spot, then it's a career in Europe and possibly the KHL.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

So, you are saying, there is a chance?

Reactions: mossey3535

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Is it just me, or do the Canucks generally suck when it comes to drafting players from Canadian Major Junior Leagues? Lind and Gadjovich are off to pretty pedestrian starts in Utica; DiPeitro looks like he might be an impact player, but then he's a goalie so I'm not sure that counts. Virtanen looks to have turned a corner, but it's taken him four years to get there. And Juolevi? Who knows, but his London Knights career was nothing spectacular.

Of course they've signed guys like MacEwan, Chatfield, Carcone and Saunter out of Major Junior Leagues, but none of those players were actually drafted. And it's too early to make much of a projection on Jett Woo.

As far as the others, it's been a steady string of guys (most d-men) who never even earned a contract. So Palmu just seems top be latest in a generally poor list. I'm thinking the Canucks should just stick to Europe, the USHL and the NCAA.

You are absolutely right.

This is why I personally would like to attribute our draft success to specific scouts responsible for specific regions, instead of our GM.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
For now, he is a total bust. But as a TPS fan, I have ofc seen every singlenone of his games. He skates well, shoots well, has high hockey IQ but is small. That is all. You have in ur hands a 6th rounder who can either play top 6 for the nucks and make at least 0,5ppg, or a total bust who plays bottom 6 1-8 games 0+0.
Then he gets traded and makes that 0,5ppg in some other team.

Most of u just seam to look at ”oh, he playd 14 games in utica and 0+1=bust”.

First of all the canucks development program is almost as bad as Edmonton...
You got lucky with pettersson, but if u think hard. Elias is the only good thing that has happened for the nucks in 10 years. So maybe u should take better care of ur picks and have a good program for young players.

Juolevi is a bust, but in another team I am sure he would be at least second pair + pp...

Way to go Vancouver!

Carnal

May 29, 2018
For now, he is a total bust. But as a TPS fan, I have ofc seen every singlenone of his games. He skates well, shoots well, has high hockey IQ but is small. That is all. You have in ur hands a 6th rounder who can either play top 6 for the nucks and make at least 0,5ppg, or a total bust who plays bottom 6 1-8 games 0+0.

You got lucky with pettersson, but if u think hard. Elias is the only good thing that has happened for the nucks in 10 years. So maybe u should take better care of ur picks and have a good program for young players.

Juolevi is a bust, but in another team I am sure he would be at least second pair + pp...

Way to go Vancouver!
We're so sorry, I hope you can recover, Petrus.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

Way to go Vancouver!

Wow, some serious Finnish salt.

Kinda reminds me of the story when Tikkanen was ranting and raving at someone from the Oiler's bench, and another player asked Kurri what he was saying. Kurri leaned over and listened for a moment, turned back to the player, and said, "I have no idea."

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad