Prospect Info: Petrus Palmu

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gotta give props to Benning and putting his confidence in his scouting team. Palmu and Brassard and Dipietro from mid-late rounds last year. I like i like :yo:

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
theres a less than 0% chance he starts with Vancouver, so idk if your fears are really warranted.
The concern is that he goes back to Finland, not that he makes the Canucks.

Nice to see him signed and he should be in the AHL next season. We'll see what happens.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Am I going to be accused of being a selfish Comets' fan when I suggest he is another player who should definitely be starting this season in Utica?

As with most players one (Canuck fans anyway) hopes they have a dominate camp and make the team, but I’m confident the expectation is Palmu starts in Utica.

I think he’ll tear it up

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I wouldnt put anything on this prospect game... no one was really taking it seriously.

Besides, Palmu is 21. Everyone else is either 18/19 or undrafted.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Maybe not but I'm surprised at how this is transpiring after he had a very encouraging season in Finland against men.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
From reading the Utica thread, he's got a lot of work to do if he's even going to make it as an AHL'er.

That said, it's early yet. The AHL is a big transition from Liiga, but we really need to see the penny drop for him, at least to some extent, by the mid point of the season. Best case scenario though, he's at least a couple of years away.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Too bad hes busted, a lotta people had hope in him last year

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Maybe not but I'm surprised at how this is transpiring after he had a very encouraging season in Finland against men.

Yeah, it's extremely unusual that a guy can produce top-6 numbers in a good European league and then can't find his feet quickly in the AHL.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Looking like the next Cole Cassels, albeit a later round pick used. Looked great up until stepping into the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad