Petr Prucha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
This guy is a 8th round draft pick, 5'10''.. Wasn't as good as that in Czech.. How can he have 20 goals right now? Do you think that he isn't as good as that and that it could be explain by the "Jagr effect"?

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
Czech junior Extraleague goaltenders will breathe a sigh of relief when hearing about the fact that the ultimate sniper Petr Prucha is going to graduate to the senior team or the Div I league full-time. Prucha was the top goalscrorer of the Czech junior Extraleague this past season and he ripped off also the Div I league during his short stint. The New York Rangers fell in love with this diminutive waterbug, who also showed up at the 2002 WJC.

As per Hockey's Future staff!!! Maybe he was as good as that?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
SportBoy said:
This guy is a 8th round draft pick, 5'10''.. Wasn't as good as that in Czech.. How can he have 20 goals right now? Do you think that he isn't as good as that and that it could be explain by the "Jagr effect"?

You know whats funny, he was really really good in europe too. But in a completly diffrent role. He made the WCH in extremely tough competeition two years in a row. Both thoose years he was used primary as a complimentary/set up player for a big and kind of slow center(Dopita). He really played well in the transition game where he came deep into his own end picked up loose pucks and took it up ice with his speed on a regular basis.

His production this year is defenitly not a Jagr effect. He created allot early in the year and in the preseason without playing a shift with 68 amd have kept dooing so throughout the season.

Prucha is just a special player.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
SportBoy said:

You should watch him. It'll explain everything to you.

tsunami

Feb 28, 2002
Bienne - Switzerland
Visit site
SportBoy said:

He was always that good ! And probably also benefits from the new rules

Very nice player

NYRGoalieGlut*

SportBoy said:

Well he only plays with Jagr on the powerplay, and he did set him up for a few tap in goals (2 at least I can't remember who set him up for one of those against the Panthers). However otherwise he hasn't played with him (maybe 2 or 3 games this season he did, but he wasn't scoring a lot of goals back then).

NYRGoalieGlut*

tsunami, is there any chance that you can provide us with the top half of that picture in your avatar? Thank you, much appreciated. ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
or atleast a link? mods shouldn't this thread be locked otherwise? :dunno:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The Czech league, just like the RSL, does not have as much goal scoring as the NHL. That being said, noone expected Prucha to score 20 as a rookie. Even those of us who were anxiously awaiting his arrival really only expected a tenacious forechecking little ball of energy who would pot maybe 15 if he was lucky. The fact that he has become a sniper (a few of the goals he has scored this season have been very special) is just icing on the cake for such a likeable player. Nice to see hard work and fearlessness paid off. As a Ranger fan, however, it is difficult to fathom this guy having a long career given the way he plays.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
You should watch him. It'll explain everything to you.
He's right. Great hands, very good work ethic and a willingness to take a pounding. Just add another plus to the new NY Rangers.

On another note with Glen Sather's track record of greatness from building from within, does he still get full blame for the Rangers lack of success during most of his time in NY? Its kind of baffling to think that so many people can go to the Rangers and make the same mistake. Sather seemed to do a complete 180 from his days with the Oilers. It seems to me that ownership might have had something to do with it. Always wanting the big name whether or not the player fit.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
sather shouldn't get full blame for the rangers lack of success since he's been here, but he certainly deserves some. he didn't have a lot to work with in terms of quality in the system when he first came to the rangers, thanks to neil smith's tenure. but he did spend a lot of money putting together somewhat flawed teams and not getting a good coach to get them to play well.

there is the ownership angle, and i'm not too sure what to make of it...yeah he came in and blew tons of money on star players...then suddenly turned around and did a firesale, and said "we're making sure we rebuild this thing and we won't be trading away youth". one could say he finally convinced ownership to do it this way instead of buying up players right and left, but who knows how accurate that is.

boils down to him being to blame for not getting the rangers to be competative before this time, but the fact remains he didn't take control of the franchise when it was in its best shape. still...could have done better, and if the rangers continue to do well this year and young players continue to come in and impress, he'll get the credit for that eventually. ranger fans will have to get over their bitterness to him, but a return to the playoffs and success of young players will probably help that

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I have read tons of Sather bashing since his Oiler yrs and a fair amount during his last yrs here. My take is he was a little bit like a kid in a candy store when he first got to the big apple. The rags had a long history of attaching to "names" to appease the masses but never did take into account the important tangables like team chemistry and working within a team concept. For his first yrs i think he didnt want to rock the boat and listened carefully to his bosses that needed to try to win now. Once it became odvious that buying a championship was not always attainable just because you can out spend your rivals he was able to sell his bosses on a more "small market" model. I think hiring Tom Rennie was a major step in the right direction. And in a salary cap world Glen Sather is certainly used to working in a controlled budget enviroment. It is kinda nice to see him having some success again.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
SportBoy said:
No jagr effect, he doesn't play on the same line as jagr and hasn't except for a handful of games this year.

TSV

Aug 6, 2005
Montreal
I mean Prucha is the real DEAL, he really Rock :yo:

Fast skater, intense, skilled and a real good puck handling and scoring touch. The man is a beast around the net... not because of is size :handclap: , but is scoring ability !! He might score 40 at is rookie year !! Also I think we only saw the tip of the iceberg :biglaugh:

I think he will be a sniper for many years !!

VIVA PRUCHA :sarcasm:

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
Man prucha is FAST. everytime he touches the puck you can see the anticipation from the crowd that hes about to pull some unbelievable move and score like he did in the Edmonton game last night. He faked wide twice on the dman and then pulled off an unbelievable backhand from up close on the goalie that squeaked in through the top corner of the net. UGH JUST BEAUTIFUL. :bow:
I've also never seen anyone as humble as this kid. He never gives himself credit and always tells the press hes lucky to even be on the team!!! (Think opposite to Crosby's attitude).

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
(chuckle)... lets not drag crosby into this... it never ends, the kid doesnt have a bad attitude towards his team or anyone that matters... he plays with a chip on his shoulder, obviously... lets not ruin a good Prucha thread by making more comparisons or contrasts...

tommy5

Jan 14, 2006
Liberec, Czech
I know Petr Prucha from czech league, because I´m a sport journalist there. Petr wasn´t so productive in last seasons. It was caused by tha fact, that he played in Pardubice in 4th line. It´s rle was to be agressive, don´t let the opponent to socre and try to make a penalty on it´s players.

Czech league had same old rules as NHL in last seasons. But now, rules have changed to the same level as in NHL and there is much more goals. Last round (played in friday 13th - there was 33 goals in seven games, it means at least four goals on one game and it´s fine. For example Bili Tygri Liberec, team where Jiri Fischer played last year or is from Petr Nedved, won 6:1 against Trinec.

So Petr Prucha was always able to score goals, he is good technical player and in czech league this season he could score also a lot. He is world champion 2005, this also means something

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
For those who dont know Prucha much watch the game on NBC right now. In the 1st period he created about 3 good scoring chances with his smarts and aggressive forcheck which is surprising because i thought he was one dimensional.... not true. he plays an all aroung game.. i am liking this kid more and more every time i see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->