Petr Nedved Czech League- 2012-13

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Hey.

I'm wondering if anybody who watches the Czech league (specifically HC Liberec games) can inform me on an aspect of Nedved's season in 2012-13. Despite his age, he, once again, displayed another great season, notching 53 points in 48 games. I also noticed that he recorded 151 PIM. This is obviously, for anybody who is familiar with Nedved, a pretty wacky number.

Being a North American, I have no way to watch his games. I'm asking for anybody who has watched his games to let me know how he got all these penalty in minutes. Did he receive any suspensions or major penalties? Or just a plethora of minor penalties?
I'm just curious as I'm a big fan of Petr.

Thank you to anybody who can contribute.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Usually minors, but he had 3 bigger penalties.

1x 10 min
1x 5 min + game misconduct
1x 10 min + game misconduct

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Ah, okay, interesting. Thank you for the input.
Any idea on what the majors and misconducts were for?
Thanks again.

1x 10 min trash talking to referee after they had to play shorthanded (5 on 3)
1x 5 min + game misconduct for hitting from behind (was suspended for 2 games so he didn't play against Kladno with Jagr, sorry, I forgot that...penalty was 2+5+20 GM)
1x 10 min + game misconduct checking to the head and neck area (penalty was 2+10+20 GM)

In Europe is GM 20 min, not 10 like in NHL.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Thanks for the information.

Really hope Nedved makes the Czech Olympic team but I doubt he will. I still think he should.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
IMO he will not be there. As a old guy he could be good addition. similar to Ruzicka in 1998. But this function is reserved for Jagr. I dont think, that Czech national team will have more veterans.

He did get an invite to the orientation camp. That's what I'm basing him being there on. I guess he could just not show up but I wouldn't understand why.
And yeah, I could see Czech not wanting many veterans. In a perfect world though, I see Nedved on that roster

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Don't worry Hadamczik will take him at least to Belarus.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Not sure if he will be in Sochi, but his chances for making World Championships roster (which will be in Belarus) are better.

Anyway Czech league have new stats available:

Petr Nedvěd 15 GP, 15P (2+13), -3, 14 PIM, 1 PP, 1 GW, 42 S, 56% FO%, 20:11 TOI/G

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Not sure if he will be in Sochi, but his chances for making World Championships roster (which will be in Belarus) are better.

Anyway Czech league have new stats available:

Petr Nedvěd 15 GP, 15P (2+13), -3, 14 PIM, 1 PP, 1 GW, 42 S, 56% FO%, 20:11 TOI/G

Ah, okay, thanks for the clear up.
Thanks for these numbers. I try to stay up to date by checking hockeydb.com but it provides limited statistics. It's cool to see his ice time and other misc. stats.

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Amazing! Literally the best news I have heard in a long time.
Nedved gets named to the Czech Olympic team in Sochi. I really hope this Czech team does well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was going to say - if you want to watch Liberec games and the time difference isn't too bad, I think there are some possibilities. I know Tipsport (betting company) runs games and though they want you to register for it I know a friend of mine does it without registering, can't remember exactly how but I can find out, something about clicking through from Google and not from their own site...
Also Czech Television runs a show "Buly" with hockey results and news and even full games - all the old episodes are archived on the site, http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/10120914283-buly-hokej-zive/ on the left is "Videoarchiv". Unfortunately the names of the old shows are named after individual games but the actual show doesn't always seem to be the game.
For example under 8.12.2013 Kladno - Vitkovice at the 3:45 mark you can see Nedved throwing a fit at the referee and heading straight for the dressing room. It might be a little hard to follow if you don't know Czech though.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I was going to say - if you want to watch Liberec games and the time difference isn't too bad, I think there are some possibilities. I know Tipsport (betting company) runs games and though they want you to register for it I know a friend of mine does it without registering, can't remember exactly how but I can find out, something about clicking through from Google and not from their own site...

You can watch all extraliga games here: http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/

No registration needed.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I knew I'd watched before (including whole games after the fact) but couldn't find my way back there now, thanks for the link

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad