Petition to increase penalty for fighting in junior hockey

JohnZ622

Feb 9, 2013
Hi everyone,

I outlined some of the reasons why I think fighting should be given a GM in all junior level hockey games in an online petition. If the pros want to do it, then it is their right to make an informed choice with great medical & disability insurance and a nice pay cheque. I don't feel it is right to do it at the junior level.

If you agree, sign it here. I tend to mail it to the various league comms (USHL, NAHL, CHLs)

https://www.change.org/p/chl-and-us...-fighting-a-game-misconduct?just_created=true

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
Hi everyone,

I outlined some of the reasons why I think fighting should be given a GM in all junior level hockey games in an online petition. If the pros want to do it, then it is their right to make an informed choice with great medical & disability insurance and a nice pay cheque. I don't feel it is right to do it at the junior level.

If you agree, sign it here. I tend to mail it to the various league comms (USHL, NAHL, CHLs)

https://www.change.org/p/chl-and-us...-fighting-a-game-misconduct?just_created=true

I agree staged fights need to be banned but other fighting is O.K. Banning fighting only leads to increased stick-work, which causes worse injuries.

Last edited:

hockeyfan2014

Feb 17, 2013
Hi everyone,

What level of Junior are you talking about? USHL, NAHL and CHL are really different from Junior A and Junior B and Junior C. USA is also different from Canada.

Please specify.

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
Hi everyone,

Are you secretly Damien Cox or David branch??

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and I respect yours, but regardless of my personal stance, I don't agree with advertising your "petition" on here, in my "opinion" not the place for it.

I am curious as to what your personal stake is in taking such offence against fighting that you are pushing a petition. You have a child entering jr? you had a child whose "career" was ruined from fighting? Honstly am interested in your agenda. I'd say, just don't watch if you don't like it, turn off the TV or look away.

Cheers

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Hi everyone,

2 Supporters...shocker...

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Let's take the emotion and the crowd out of hockey. Then we can read books or play solitaire at games. The nicest team wins not the one who hits hard,fights and scores the most goals. We could have three judges holding up cards at the end while we wait in suspense. In other words don't be like Bettman. Leave hockey alone and let us enjoy it.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It should stay in Major Junior at least until it's banned in the NHL. The CHL is supposed to be developing players for the NHL (amongst other things), it doesn't make sense for players to not be allowed to fight in Junior and then suddenly having to fight in the NHL. It would be like making Minor Midget non-contact and then shipping players off to Junior like lambs to the slaughter.

Hockey seems to be having some debate about the place in fighting in its future. The NHL and CHL should be moving together in whatever direction they decide to take.

All that said, I don't hear any boos or disapproving 'tsk, tsks' when fights happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->