News Article: Petition to change the Avs goal horn back to the original (2001)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oah-oa-oah-oa-oa
Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oah-oa-oah-oa-oa

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There is some parts of the NHL that I just dont get. One of them, is why teams use a "goal horn sound" at all? Like, isn't it considered very lame? Who wants to hear a horn when one of the most beautiful sounds in the world is listening to thousands of people going from that deadly silent second before a goal is a scored when everyone can see what is coming to hearing it breaking out in to a roar and the celebration in the stands that follows. Maybe it's just my european background but I dont get it.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I would be fine with most songs other than what we have. Just no country (sorry, Dutchy)/rap. Everything else is fair game. Ours is too overused and I wish they would have changed/updated it with the culture change last year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't know why some players don't have their own goal song. Maybe not everyone but say the top 5-6 scorers on the team. That would definitely add personality. I think a goal horn is fine, it adds to the excitement when it goes off. Sometimes these big arenas need a little help.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I love me a goal horn, loud and obnoxious as you can make it
WSH, CHI, are the best. PIT is nice too
I used to love the PHI 2012 goal song

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I wish we as fans had a chant we'd do after every Avs goal.
Annoying as hell when other teams do that -- I want to be just as annoying!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad