Petersson-Horvat vs Sedin-Kesler Peak

Which will be better?

• Total voters

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Tiring hearing people comparing EP’s current situation with other players without taking into considertion the horrible situation offense-wise with this current Canucks roster that EP has to deal with right now. This roster is the most talent less in the entire NHL and EP is carrying it to a possible playoff spot. Let that sink in.

#TheSkyIsFalling

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I just turned 17, and your the one who follows e sports bub, get a grip :shakehead

watching 2 teams of 6 play a game at the highest level in front of hundreds of thousands of viewers

guess which one I'm talking about, hockey or overwatch

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Willing to easily wager, Pettersson will never be significantly better than peak Henrik.

I think there is an argument to be made with EP40's goal scoring and defensive awareness already, plus Horvat is a better goalscorer than Kesler was in his peak.

Plus it's a bit unfair as Hank had Daniel for virtually 95% of his peak as well.

Hard to separate the twins that way.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The fact that this poll hasn't closed yet due to being lopsided is mind-blowing.

Peak Henrik Sedin was an amazing player and one of the top players of the era. He outscored essentially peak Crosby/Ovechkin. Pettersson certainly has the potential to be a game-breaker in the same way, but honestly I'd say the odds are incredibly against him reaching that level.

And even IF Pettersson could be equal to Sedin, which is unlikely. You are left with the fact that peak Kesler was a beast, that peak Horvat is very, very unlikely to ever come near to.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
It's extremely unlikely Pettersson reaches Sedin's level. It's even more unlikely that Horvat reaches Kesler's.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You can only be that much better than Sedin. EP could become the best player in the league, but he still wouldn’t necessarily be better than Sedin (or at least not by much). For me this would come down to Horvat being better than Kesler. I’m still expecting that to happen, but hardly a given. I never liked Kesler as a player, selfish and so often with dumb plays, but even if I never liked how he played even I can’t deny he was still very good for a short spell. When he played with that never say die attitude he was still a force even with his weaknesses. I expect Horvat to have the better more consistent career, but he might not better Kesler’s peak.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
You can only be that much better than Sedin. EP could become the best player in the league, but he still wouldn’t necessarily be better than Sedin (or at least not by much). For me this would come down to Horvat being better than Kesler. I’m still expecting that to happen, but hardly a given. I never liked Kesler as a player, selfish and so often with dumb plays, but even if I never liked how he played even I can’t deny he was still very good for a short spell. When he played with that never say die attitude he was still a force even with his weaknesses. I expect Horvat to have the better more consistent career, but he might not better Kesler’s peak.

I didn't realize that Henrik Sedin was the golden standard for hockey players. A true god among men. Well you've convinced me. I'll change my vote now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I didn't realize that Henrik Sedin was the golden standard for hockey players. A true god among men. Well you've convinced me. I'll change my vote now.

And EP is/will be?

I hope so. But complete hyperbole to think will be that much better when even Crosby wasn’t at one point.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
And EP is/will be?

I hope so. But complete hyperbole to think will be that much better when even Crosby wasn’t at one point.

He doesn't need to be a god to be better than Henrik.

Couple inflated years with a stacked team and elite defense doesn't make Henrik the golden standard for hockey players..

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He doesn't need to be a god to be better than Henrik.

Couple inflated years with a stacked team and elite defense doesn't make Henrik the golden standard for hockey players..

You are of course entitled to that opinion. And I can’t deny you being an a$] about it either.

Not sure if you watched Sedin in his prime. He and his brother were the main reason they were “stacked”. And we have all seen how well that elite defense has done without the Sedins at their best. Ehrhoff being the prime example.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think there is an argument to be made with EP40's goal scoring and defensive awareness already, plus Horvat is a better goalscorer than Kesler was in his peak.

Plus it's a bit unfair as Hank had Daniel for virtually 95% of his peak as well.

Hard to separate the twins that way.

I wouldn't say that. Kesler had the 41 goal season Horvat hasn't been close to, and several others roughly equal to Horvat. Horvat's on pace for 27 goals this year, while Kesler had 25 and 26 in full seasons, and 25 in 77 games

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wouldn't say that. Kesler had the 41 goal season Horvat hasn't been close to, and several others roughly equal to Horvat. Horvat's on pace for 27 goals this year, while Kesler had 25 and 26 in full seasons, and 25 in 77 games

Horvat can score 30ish pretty easily and EP already has 25 this year.

The highest combined total for Hank and Ryan was 64 in 2009-2010, then 60 the next season, they had 48 in 2008-09.

I think that EP40 and Horvat can average 70 plus goals together in their peak pretty easily.

Horvat will also get better linemates at some point.

Getting an actual PP QB will help as well as Erhoff meshed pretty well with the Sedins and Kesler on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad