Petersson-Horvat vs Sedin-Kesler Peak

Which will be better?

• Total voters

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
He plays with Boeser at even strength a guy that scored at a ~40 goal rate in his rookie year.

Doesn’t matter when the rest is tire fire and horrible possession players. Hank had people actually capable of feeding him the puck, EP doesn’t. EP >> Hank in future rankings.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Doesn’t matter when the rest is tire fire and horrible possession players. Hank had people actually capable of feeding him the puck, EP doesn’t. EP >> Hank in future rankings.

Pettersson has been glued to Boeser for the past ~20 games. He also plays with Bo Horvat on the power play, another legitimate front line player in the NHL.

I project Pettersson will have the better career too, doubt he significantly tops Henrik’s peak, if at all.

Reactions: lurking

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Tiring hearing people comparing EP’s current situation with other players without taking into considertion the horrible situation offense-wise with this current Canucks roster that EP has to deal with right now. This roster is the most talent less in the entire NHL and EP is carrying it to a possible playoff spot. Let that sink in.

Henrik put up a beastly ES points (80 ) while Daniel missed time, and he was forced to play with Kevin f***ing Bieksa and Burrows as his wingers, and still dominated. Let that sink in.

All the while facing against prime Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin.

I know very well what EP's current situation is, I've been defending him against many users who downplay all the time, but the fact is some of these pro EP statements in this thread are horrendous and nonsensical. It's not a for sure thing that EP will top Sedin's peak season.

Reactions: Canucks5551

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Henrik put up a beastly ES points (80 ) while Daniel missed time, and he was forced to play with Kevin ****ing Bieksa and Burrows as his wingers, and still dominated. Let that sink in.

All the while facing against prime Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin.

I know very well what EP's current situation is, I've been defending him against many users who downplay all the time, but the fact is some of these pro EP statements in this thread are horrendous and nonsensical. It's not a for sure thing that EP will top Sedin's peak season.

Fair enough. But I do think the imaginary Pettersson twins would be >>>> the Sedin Twins. Not taking anything away from the Sedins and I know Daniel missed time and all but EP is just in my opinion on a different talent level than Henrik Sedin.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
1 Pettersson
2 Henrik
3 Horvat
4 Kesler

Pettersson as a 20 year old is better then when Hank actually had his arrival party in 2006. Henrik Sedin produced as a 3rd line player for the first 5 seasons of his career. He did not reach superstar status officially until 2009.
Kesler's relevance came at the start of the 2009 season, previous years he was a bottom 6 scrapper hard nosed player. His arrival came in 2009. Bo Horvats arrival literally came in 2016.

Both Pettersson and Horvat is out producing Hank and Kesler at the same age easily at this point.

Hank has a 111 point season, Kesler was solid for a good 4 years for us, with 2 excellent seasons, Pettersson may not hit 111 points, but if he's around a point per game guy from the get go he will easily outscore Hank.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They'll have a hard time matching them at their peaks, but given their development is way ahead of the others at the same age, Pettersson and Horvat should have better primes.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Pettersson might have a better career but it's really unlikely he surpasses Hank's peak in the same way that 6 or 7 90 point seasons in a row is better than 2 seasons above 90 pts but one of those is a 112 point Art Ross winning season

People saying EP and it ain't close are... confused

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Pettersson might have a better career but it's really unlikely he surpasses Hank's peak in the same way that 6 or 7 90 point seasons in a row is better than 2 seasons above 90 pts but one of those is a 112 point Art Ross winning season

People saying EP and it ain't close are... confused

Won’t look that confused in a couple of years. EP and Hank are not on the same level skill wise.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Tiring hearing people comparing EP’s current situation with other players without taking into considertion the horrible situation offense-wise with this current Canucks roster that EP has to deal with right now. This roster is the most talent less in the entire NHL and EP is carrying it to a possible playoff spot. Let that sink in.

That's not the poll though. We know what peak Henrik and Kesler looked like - it's do you think EP and Boeser will reach that.

IMO it's Boeser that sinks the ship here. EP may end up at/near Sedin, but no way Boeser touches peak Kesler. It didn't last long, but peak Kesler was pretty amazing.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
That's not the poll though. We know what peak Henrik and Kesler looked like - it's do you think EP and Boeser will reach that.

IMO it's Boeser that sinks the ship here. EP may end up at/near Sedin, but no way Boeser touches peak Kesler. It didn't last long, but peak Kesler was pretty amazing.

it's Horvat, not Boeser, but you are still correct

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
kid's 14, just ignore him, can't even spell the names of two of the Canucks best C's historically
I just turned 17, and your the one who follows e sports bub, get a grip :shakehead

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Elias Pettersson for an 82 game season as a rookie would get around 90 points on a team that was projected to be bottom five. That would match Henrik Sedins 2nd best season in his career which was on a Presidents trophy winning team. Elias Pettersson will surpass Henrik Sedins peak very easily. This is a player who will be in contention for the Art Ross, Hart, Selke, Lady Byng trophies throughout his career. Maybe as soon as next year.

As much as I love Horvat, he won't match Kesler's peak unless he has a star winger to play with. Horvat will have the better career though, as he'll get you 60-70 points every year.

Give me Pettersson/Horvat.

The big thing is, EP's and Horvat's Ehrhoff hasn't arrived yet but will very soon.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Will vancouver's new duo beat their previous one?

Fwi, I chose the new duo because I really think horvat could turn into a solid 70pt 2-way center, and peterson's ceiling is insane. Doesn't make me happy as a flames fan (of course the alien scored his first against us), but **** they are good.

While I don’t think EP-Horvat will ever reach the peak of H.Sedin-Kesler 2011, I think the EP-Horvat combo will be deadlier for a much longer period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad