Peterborough Petes 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The good thing is Alfano has been doing videos for Petes social media pages but still would be nice to see official signings announced soon.

yeah, they’ll both be here I’m not concerned about that. I just like having some Petes news lol

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
yeah, they’ll both be here I’m not concerned about that. I just like having some Petes news lol
I totally agree. I much rather Petes news instead of the repeat of COVID news. Hopefully they announce more than just one tomorrow!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
They probably want to spread the good news out and not use it all up at once... #screwCOVID

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Organization depth chart assuming the guys that are supposed to graduate do.... am I missing anybody?

Defence
Shawn Spearing 02
Jack York 00
Artem Guryev 03
Josh Kavanagh 03
Donovan McCoy 04
Judd Katz 03
Nico Paone 03
Shawn Ramsey 04
Stevie Leskovar 04
Konnor Smith 04

Just curious - is this a depth chart in terms of returning defensemen or merely listed in random order.

Was trying to get a sense of where Spearing fits and if there is any long-term potential in terms of either this year's draft or a possible free agent invite to development camp (assuming they have them this year).

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Just curious - is this a depth chart in terms of returning defensemen or merely listed in random order.

Was trying to get a sense of where Spearing fits and if there is any long-term potential in terms of either this year's draft or a possible free agent invite to development camp (assuming they have them this year).

Spearing as of today, is the teams top shutdown defenseman.

McCoy from this draft will likely play top-4 minutes right from the get go. Ramsey is another name to watch in terms of committing to the team.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018

Spearing took a massive step this year, and I fully expect him to be one of the team's top d-men next season. It wouldn't shock me to see him get picked in the later rounds of the entry draft.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
No Carson Walters today in USHL Phase 1 draft... very interesting. I think he’ll be here.

He's not considered a top prospect is he? 5'8 and just over a point per game in his 15U league (finished 10th in scoring). Prospect Pipeline rated him 96th

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
He's not considered a top prospect is he? 5'8 and just over a point per game in his 15U league (finished 10th in scoring). Prospect Pipeline rated him 96th

Oke is quoted as being very high on this kid and thinks he’s a steal. Called him one of the more dangerous offensive players in the draft.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Spearing as of today, is the teams top shutdown defenseman.

McCoy from this draft will likely play top-4 minutes right from the get go. Ramsey is another name to watch in terms of committing to the team.

FWIW Ramsey has also been selected today, 14th round by Green Bay.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@Petes if you guys need players, would a kid like Cullen McLean be a fit? We graduate so few players this season, I suspect we would be willing to move a bottom 6 forward like McLean for a reasonable price. This kid has skills and has shown flashes, but has just not gotten the ice time to take the next step, and likely won't this season either if we load up as expected.

Late round Hound sound: Cullen McLean defies odds

Hounds McLean builds his game

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
@Petes if you guys need players, would a kid like Cullen McLean be a fit? We graduate so few players this season, I suspect we would be willing to move a bottom 6 forward like McLean for a reasonable price. This kid has skills and has shown flashes, but has just not gotten the ice time to take the next step, and likely won't this season either if we load up as expected.

Late round Hound sound: Cullen McLean defies odds

Hounds McLean builds his game

I could see it

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016

As a 13th rounder, I love the Carson Walters pick. The Petes will be young this season and don't need him to be an instant impact. If they can develop their 03's and 04's the way they've developed Nick Robertson and Shawn Spearing, they will be back in the mix in a couple of years.

Here is a clip about Walters from the OHL prospects' article the week before the draft.

Carson Walters – LW - Chicago Mission – 5'8, 160lbs
Walters is a quick strike winger who projects as a quality goal scorer moving forward because of his scoring instincts and quality shot. Walters is undersized, but he is not a perimeter player. He navigates traffic well and is able to create the space he needs with his hands. A longer term project, but he has a fair amount of offensive potential.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Nice article about Paquette in the examiner today. Nice to hear that all the rumours he heard about the team were false and the coaches were able to get good chemistry in the room.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

That’s a good spot for Gagner. I’ve heard Leskovar is Jr.A in Brantford. Interested too see where Ramsey and Sztuska end up... I’ve heard Sztuska linked to Stouffville... I’ll bet Ramsey signs to be the 7 with OHL club unless one of Mayer/Katz/Paone proves they’re OHL ready.

Doesn’t leave anything for Major midget Petes unfortunately... Kingo maybe?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I know alot of Petes fans are also Lakers fans -super bummed out their season has been cancelled .

Guess I won’t be seeing y’all until the fall ‘cause Lansdowne Place is still closed too

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->