Peterborough Petes 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Got the letter from the Petes saying the start of the season is delayed.

No new start date given.

Reactions: Snipes 29

hockeybro999

Jan 2, 2021
I understand that the season likelihood is very low, but does anybody have a projected FW, D, G depth chart in the current state?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Are there any Petes season ticket holders that are going to ask for a refund ?

I haven’t asked for one -don’t want to lose my seats

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
28 day State of Emergency - certainly complicates things further

I have been hopeful that we would have a season but it looks pretty grim.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Not sure if people have seen it yet, but the Petes are doing a "Who Wore It Best?" series on their site (and Facebook, probably other social media too). Each day you can vote for who you think wore each jersey # best. Today is #8. Something fun to keep an eye on, since there's nothing else going on.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Peterborough Petes to loan Mason McTavish to pro team in Switzerland

After a long hold up, McTavish could finally be playing pro hockey as soon as February 2nd. As stated in this article, he wanted to join Olten much earlier but it didn't work, despite Olten working Swiss authorities hard. I think you have to have either a Swiss passport or be 18 years old in order to play...at least during this pandemic. Othmann has a Swiss passport and was 18 already, so no problem for him. McTavish has a Swiss hockey license but no Swiss passport so he had to wait until his 18th birthday. Brennan Othmann has started rather slowly but has now established himself as the teams nr.2 winger, scoring 7 goals and 8 assists in 20 games and playing in all situations. Curious to see where McTavish will slot in but he should normally get a lot of ice time, too.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
With no season how will league conduct the draft? and who picks first and what is the order? I think the Petes would have been bottom dwellers? And how will scouting staffs make picks with no midget season? And which teams may or may not survive Covid shut down? Some teams continued to pay entire staffs with zero money coming in? not sure this was wise, why would they not lay off staff members? Also have heard some scouts not being paid ?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
With no season how will league conduct the draft? and who picks first and what is the order? I think the Petes would have been bottom dwellers? And how will scouting staffs make picks with no midget season? And which teams may or may not survive Covid shut down? Some teams continued to pay entire staffs with zero money coming in? not sure this was wise, why would they not lay off staff members? Also have heard some scouts not being paid ?

I think almost every (if not every) team laid off a handful (or more) of their staff. I know the Petes did. They only kept on a couple people and those people took over the duties of the people who weren't kept on, as well as their own

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
I think almost every (if not every) team laid off a handful (or more) of their staff. I know the Petes did. They only kept on a couple people and those people took over the duties of the people who weren't kept on, as well as their own
thankyou

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Hey Petes Fans-
Did you folks read that article in The Examiner regarding ice in city run facilities?
No more ice in any city arena after March 31st- PMC needs a new
"condenser".

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Hey Petes Fans-
Did you folks read that article in The Examiner regarding ice in city run facilities?
No more ice in any city arena after March 31st- PMC needs a new
"condenser".
So much for the millions of dollars they just sunk into that arena.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I was just told that Peterborough is being considered as one of the hub-cities in a potential OHL return this season. I'm not going to pretend I'm some insider with a bunch of credibility or anything, cause I got a warning once for walking that line lol but anyway... it got me thinking, would it be a better idea to have them play at the Evinrude, as opposed to the Mem Center? I personally think it would be, with the better ice surfaces, better temperature, lots of space for the players, etc. I'm sure the team facilities could be moved over there easily enough, so the players would have everything they'd need. I think it would be a better location for a hub-city

I don't know, just a little thought I had. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I was just told that Peterborough is being considered as one of the hub-cities in a potential OHL return this season. I'm not going to pretend I'm some insider with a bunch of credibility or anything, cause I got a warning once for walking that line lol but anyway... it got me thinking, would it be a better idea to have them play at the Evinrude, as opposed to the Mem Center? I personally think it would be, with the better ice surfaces, better temperature, lots of space for the players, etc. I'm sure the team facilities could be moved over there easily enough, so the players would have everything they'd need. I think it would be a better location for a hub-city

I don't know, just a little thought I had. Would love to hear other people's thoughts.

My understanding was the Evinrude is out of commission in April, May and June due to repairs. The Memorial Centre will be getting (yet more) repairs as well, but apparently nothing that would have an impact on use of the floor/ice.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Nick Robertson AHL Marlies

2020-21 Regular Season Toronto Marlies 8 1 6 7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->