Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I hate armchair GMing what fair value for trades are.

I hate the idea of spending a boatload on Tucker when we already had a pointpergame defenseman but his attitude sucked. Tucker better be Mr Humble for us to dredge up sinking more cost into that area. If we're talking to Barrie, I like the idea of Pekar as we need more dynamic forwards, and as good as Maier has been, it's an area of strength. I'd target a guy like Matthew Hill with Pekar, over paying a bloody ransom for Tucker.

I don't think we should deal Spearing, I don't think we should deal Avon. Butler and picks is enough to open the doors we need opened.

If you’re comparing Merkley and Tucker they couldn’t be more polar opposites. Tough, physical... hard to play against.... while also able to put up points. He fits this teams style perfectly.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
This is the 2nd opportunity in the past 15 years to win a championship.

At this point, I'm not worried about what the team is going to look like 4 years from now. If Avon is what it takes to get Thomas and put the team over the top, I'm all in.

100%

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
That’s nice and all... but this team as currently constructed isn’t winning a championship... don’t you want that?

I want a championship for THIS team we have -but I cannot see the future.

I don’t know if this is a championship team or not, maybe we are already that team.

That’s the thing about hockey -anything can happen.

Look at Tampa Bay last year finished with the 4th best record ever recorded and poised to win it all -lots of people were picking them to win the championship but we all know how that ended.

Maybe we are already a championship team and we just have to “cook” before the pie is ready.

I can’t be happy about a trading any of our guys.

I want to keep Butler he is tough, can score and he works hard.
I want to keep Avon he is super fast and crazy talented.
I want to keep Spearing because he is so good he will come back and hurt us!
I want to Parker-Jones because he bleeds maroon and white and we need that kind of heart and grit.
I want to keep MacTavish because he is the reason I will be renewing my seasons tickets!

It’s so hard

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
If you wanna win you gotta give up players plain and simple you can’t have your cake and eat it to by thinking this team as is will go all the way and keep everything for the future is not a winning formula. Yah trading Avon will hurt he’s an awesome prospect home town boy. And butler I have always loved him and his play. But I think His role on this team this year has plateaued he needs a change which will be good for us and him Like itvor not we will be trading assets away to make a run so might as will do it right no half measures

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I don’t know if this is a championship team or not, maybe we are already that team.

Look at Tampa Bay last year finished with the 4th best record ever recorded and poised to win it all -lots of people were picking them to win the championship but we all know how that ended.

Maybe we are already a championship team and we just have to “cook” before the pie is ready.

I want to Parker-Jones because he bleeds maroon and white and we need that kind of heart and grit.
I want to keep MacTavish because he is the reason I will be renewing my seasons tickets!

It’s so hard

Many feel as you do. Thing is, TB/NHL & Petes/OHL are in no way similar. Next year; Gallant, Paquette, Hudson, Kirk, (H.Jones & SDA?), others are gone. And, so will the opportunity to win something for 3 seasons.

North light 14

Nov 6, 2018

It’s so hard

North light 14

Nov 6, 2018
I Know some northern teams who would take Parker Jones off your hands. I’m sure he would like to play more then two shifts a game

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON

It’s so hard
Do you agree we need a better back-up goalie?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Many feel as you do. Thing is, TB/NHL & Petes/OHL are in no way similar. Next year; Gallant, Paquette, Hudson, Kirk, (H.Jones & SDA?), others are gone. And, so will the opportunity to win something for 3 seasons.

I hear ya!

I know the Petes/OHL and TB/NHL are in no way similar but my point was its hockey.

Anything can happen in hockey.

I just used the TB experience as an example of my "anything can happen in hockey" point.

We will lose alot of our key players after this year and it probably be a long time before we have a team this strong again- I think that's why I want to hang on to THIS team.

Please ,please, please hockey gods give a fantastic BUG for just picks.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I hear ya!

I know the Petes/OHL and TB/NHL are in no way similar but my point was its hockey.

I just used the TB experience as an example of my "anything can happen in hockey" point.

We will lose alot of our key players after this year and it probably be a long time before we have a team this strong again- I think that's why I want to hang on to THIS team.

why wouldn’t you try to improve upon the team if possible.... Ottawa and Sudbury will get better at the deadline and if we don’t, we will get bounced in round two.

Reactions: three dog night

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I hear ya!

The biggest reason we haven't teams like this for so long is because past GMs poor drafting/recruiting and very poor asset management. Oke has shown the ability to draft well and hopefully the recruiting/reporting only continues to improve and we will have competitive teams more often.

I've been torn on what I want to see done. On one hand I don't want to see all of Spearing, Avon and Butler traded for rentals, but on the other hand I don't like the idea of standing pat and watching Ottawa and Sudbury blow by us.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Looks like no BUG trade is happening before the weekend. Sounds like Kooy is hurt so that make a goalie trade out of Sarnia less likely.

Ryan Christensen

Mar 8, 2019
Jones looked very solid I watched it on tsn website daws looked good in the 5 on 5 terrible in shootout. Jones looked sid in both 5on5 and shootout.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I’m going into this weekend hopeful that oke and Wilson not trading for a goalie will give Austin some confidence to get some mojo going he’s going to have two game this weekend to do it Now or never for the kid. I hope he can get a spark
Yeah hopefully. Friday was a pitiful display from the goalie out, they absolutely lay down in Kingston. I didn't even go Saturday after that performance. Hopefully it's different this weekend, I'd be happy with 3 points or so.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Well, with Maier away and JPJ having more success at forward, one of the young guys should slide into the #6 D spot. I believe Guryev is still serving a suspension for the Muskies so it will likely be Kavanagh in the lineup.

The last change tonight vs Hamilton will be important. Wilson can make sure he has a 5-man unit on the ice that will stop......or at least slow down Kaliyev and Jenik.

Staying out of the penalty box is probably a good idea too!

OK Austin.....both Jones and Wells before him have been in the same spot you are in right now and made it through to be successful.
You got this!

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Solid job by Jones in the USports game today. The two goals he gave up were a beauty shot through traffic on the PP, and a 2 on 1 off a bad turnover. He made a few real nice stops.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->