Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Take this for what it’s worth.... but it sounds like Will Cuylle is skating with North York as they have opened up training camp. You would assume that’s where he will play this year should he not be traded.
Pretty much all new picks will be skating with a b or a team this week or next to start then leave for petes camp

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Pretty much all new picks will be skating with a b or a team this week or next to start then leave for petes camp

Yes but.... we both know I was referring specifically to Cuylle.... that is significant because he is showing that he is willing to play OJ and go NCAA if Petes don’t deal him.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I suppose

Yes but.... we both know I was referring specifically to Cuylle.... that is significant because he is showing that he is willing to play OJ and go NCAA if Petes don’t deal him.

ill say it again, i was told he legit wants to go to the NCAA. i could be totally wrong, but i dont see a landing spot for him in the ohl

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
ill say it again, i was told he legit wants to go to the NCAA. i could be totally wrong, but i dont see a landing spot for him in the ohl

I’d be shocked if he ever plays a game for anyone other than an OHL club before turning pro.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
His father was upset the Petes drafted him, which suggests they wanted to play in the OHL, just not with the Petes.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going to college. Him being at a Jr.A camp isn't a great sign.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
His father was upset the Petes drafted him, which suggests they wanted to play in the OHL, just not with the Petes.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going to college. Him being at a Jr.A camp isn't a great sign.

The Petes will deal him and I think you’ll see him drop his commitment rather quickly.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
It's actually pretty simple. The family and agent told the Petes he wouldn't report and not to draft him. The Petes did anyway and the family then made arrangements to play in the OJHL and subsequently made a commitment to Penn State to show how serious they are about him not coming to Peterborough

If the Petes refuse to trade him, he will play for NYR and continue down path to NCAA. If the Petes buckle and move him, he will report to wherever he is traded and will be playing in the OHL immediately thereafter.

Reactions: the dog

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
Doesn’t matter.
He is vastly overrated and not anywhere near the level people here are making him out to be. Sorry. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Zebra

89bardown

Aug 8, 2018
Ontario
London works if Gerard Keane plays in Junior A or B. I fully expect that to happen so they don’t use 4 cards on 16 year olds. But I don’t expect them to make a run at Will Cuylle

Keane would have to play USHL, NAHL, etc or U16/U18 AAA, he isn't eligible to play Jr. A or B in Canada this season. IMO that would be a bad decision on London's part. Keane could have gone much higher in the draft but was going NCAA until he was signed in London. You send the wrong message to future players who may play the NCAA card to go to London. Just in the past 4 years Ben Gleason, Tyler Nother and Ian Blacker who were all highly regarded in their draft year said NCAA, then signed when London took them, then were traded early in their second OHL season. Less players will make that commitment if some of the players that do it, end up having a negative result.

Take this for what it’s worth.... but it sounds like Will Cuylle is skating with North York as they have opened up training camp. You would assume that’s where he will play this year should he not be traded.

Yes it sounds like it's North York or OHL this year for him. But you never know, if Peterborough doesn't find a deal for him and if he really does want to play in the OHL, watching all his friends starting their rookie seasons in the OHL some of whom I'm sure will be very successful and he's in the OJHL garnering much less attention, playing in front of smaller crowds, in much lower developed facilities than the OHL may draw him to sign with the Petes and stick it out at least for the short term if his desire to play OHL hockey is strong enough. Time will tell. It sounds like his NCAA desire is well documented to be inaccurate based on everything I've read.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Yes it sounds like it's North York or OHL this year for him. But you never know, if Peterborough doesn't find a deal for him and if he really does want to play in the OHL, watching all his friends starting their rookie seasons in the OHL some of whom I'm sure will be very successful and he's in the OJHL garnering much less attention, playing in front of smaller crowds, in much lower developed facilities than the OHL may draw him to sign with the Petes and stick it out at least for the short term if his desire to play OHL hockey is strong enough. Time will tell. It sounds like his NCAA desire is well documented to be inaccurate based on everything I've read.

He literally said "PBO don't draft me or I won't come" and then committed to Penn State to prove he wouldn't come here. And is now at the NY OJHL camp to further show if he's not dealt that he won't come here. And people are still like "well you never know, he might come to PBO".

Lol there is literally no chance

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
He literally said "PBO don't draft me or I won't come" and then committed to Penn State to prove he wouldn't come here. And is now at the NY OJHL camp to further show if he's not dealt that he won't come here. And people are still like "well you never know, he might come to PBO".

Lol there is literally no chance

He isn’t coming. He will be dealt in 12 days.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018

His father needs to grow the hell up

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Just wouldn’t do it...if I’ve entered a draft I’d show up where I was selected just a matter of morality...but that’s just me

Reactions: Zebra

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Just wouldn’t do it...if I’ve entered a draft I’d show up where I was selected just a matter of morality...but that’s just me

The "if I entered a draft" line is what gets me because he didn't enter a draft. It's not like the NBA/NFL where you have to declare "I am going to enter this draft". He just happens to live in Ontario and is a 2002 born. So because of his age and location, he should be forced to spend his next 4 years in a certain city?

I know its easy to say as a Gens fan because this didn't just happen to the team I cheer for. But honestly as a parent, why would you ever support a random team you have absolutely no affiliation to over what you consider the best interest for your child?

The Cuylle camp even did them a favour and said before hand "hey don't take Will becuase he's not going to come". So I don't see how anyone could ever be mad at them. The Petes knew they weren't coming and took them anyways (which is a good strategy long term) but to act like the Cuylle's screwed the Petes is a little absurd

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Never once said the cuylles screwed the Petes. I said if I was in a draft, and yes he was in a draft..he didn’t say I don’t want any team to draft me just the Petes...if any other team drafted him he most likely would have reported, don’t know..on the flip side, as I’ve said in the past, they should declare in the draft or out..but please don’t get me wrong I’m not angry with the cuylles at all its their option at present I just said i would have gone to where I was drafted and I would have my boy do the same....again, just me. Happened to OS with mete, Kingston with Domi etc etc

OU812

Sep 11, 2017

Would like to know how you know he is at NYR camp? Crystal ball?
Camp starts on Monday.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Parents teaching their kids to complain and sit still until they get what they want are the best then eh? I guess I was just raised wrong

You were raised to let people take advantage of you and never stand up for yourself and look out for your best interest? Interesting parenting tactic....

Imagine being in grade 9 and knowing you could get this unbelievable job that would be great for you but you get a message from McDonald’s being like nope we own you and you have to come live in this random city for 4 years too! I’d hope you’d be like uhhh, no I’m going to do what’s best for me not what some random guy I’ve never met told me to do because he claims he owns me

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Never once said the cuylles screwed the Petes. I said if I was in a draft, and yes he was in a draft..he didn’t say I don’t want any team to draft me just the Petes...if any other team drafted him he most likely would have reported, don’t know..on the flip side, as I’ve said in the past, they should declare in the draft or out..but please don’t get me wrong I’m not angry with the cuylles at all its their option at present I just said i would have gone to where I was drafted and I would have my boy do the same....again, just me. Happened to OS with mete, Kingston with Domi etc etc

if it happened to windsor, id ask what we did wrong and what we need to improve to get high end kids in our program, not take aim at the kid for not wanting to come. org needs to step and not accept mediocrity

Reactions: Petes1

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Just trade the kid and recoup a bunch of picks. Then get rid of Oke before he wastes them all. Use the picks to make a competitive team that Cuylle will have to play against for years. You don’t think Niagara enjoyed knocking out the Gens and Lessio for 2 years?

Reactions: Petes1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->