Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Zach Gallant and Brady Hinz set to return to the lineup tomorrow night against HAM.

They're definitely due for a win. I think (hope) we'll see a good performance tomorrow, as the weekend games will be tough. 3 or 4 out of 6 points would be good this week.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The wolves schedule is great. There must be some odd year luck involved as it seems the wolves are among the teams with the least 3 in 3 and seem to always have a day off before hosting a team that played the night before
About time really. Most years it’s the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Something that has been bothering me-
I understand the PMC renovations are going to occur and the Lakers and Petes will have their seasons disrupted and it will inconvenient but what is going to happen to the alll the people who work events at the PMC?

Like the ushers etc -what is going to happen to them?

Is there a plan for them? Are they going over to the Evinrude for the Laker games?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Zach Gallant and Brady Hinz set to return to the lineup tomorrow night against HAM.

Great news for Zach, bad news for the Petes. I wouldn't have minded if he got sent back to the Petes next year after an injury filled season this year was a wasted year. But he's too good to be back here next year without injuries

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Something that has been bothering me-
I understand the PMC renovations are going to occur and the Lakers and Petes will have their seasons disrupted and it will inconvenient but what is going to happen to the alll the people who work events at the PMC?

Like the ushers etc -what is going to happen to them?

Is there a plan for them? Are they going over to the Evinrude for the Laker games?

I assume they're out of luck for the summer. The Evinrude is general seating, so no real need for ushers. I suppose they might need to add one beer stand or something (I believe the Evinrude already has a canteen that is staffed) for lacrosse games, but I think all the staff will lose that job until December (or whenever the repairs actually get done).

Reactions: Zebra

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
wonder if the fact we won't have home ice until 20-30 games into the season will be a big issue with our players we're trying to recruit/draft.

Only in Peterborough would the city let their major sports attractions be displaced so they can do even more patchwork on the oldest arena in the league (bar Sudbury).

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
wonder if the fact we won't have home ice until 20-30 games into the season will be a big issue with our players we're trying to recruit/draft.

Only in Peterborough would the city let their major sports attractions be displaced so they can do even more patchwork on the oldest arena in the league (bar Sudbury).

Using the 2018-2019 schedule as a guide there were 8 home games scheduled between September 20 and October 31.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Using the 2018-2019 schedule as a guide there were 8 home games scheduled between September 20 and October 31.

An email went out to season ticket holders today and it said they were planning to have the home opener in mid-late October. I guess they've never seen a major Peterborough construction job. No chance of there being a game before November.

Reactions: Zebra

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
An email went out to season ticket holders today and it said they were planning to have the home opener in mid-late October. I guess they've never seen a major Peterborough construction job. No chance of there being a game before November.

By the time the construction is complete, we'll have paid 4x the amount that was originally budgeted and then council will shelve any talk of a new arena for another decade.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Chisholm wtf was that???? That does not seem in his character to randomly shoot it into the net way after a whistle. That was weird.

Edit: of course Kaliyev scores on the ensuing powerplay too

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Chisholm wtf was that???? That does not seem in his character to randomly shoot it into the net way after a whistle. That was weird.

Edit: of course Kaliyev scores on the ensuing powerplay too
Chisholm was frustrated because it looked like he kept the puck in on the offside, but that’s no excuse. He needs to keep his cool.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Did you guys see the video played in between the 2 and 3rd of Pronger signing with the Petes ?

That’s the jersey we need !

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Gallant should not be on the ice vs the Strome line in his first game back. He is a step too slow and is tiring quickly. They should have Grondin out against that line instead. Gallant needs to be eased back in until he gets his wind back
Big 3rd period coming up

Reactions: Diaero

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Gallant should not be on the ice vs the Strome line in his first game back. He is a step too slow and is tiring quickly. They should have Grondin out against that line instead. Gallant needs to be eased back in until he gets his wind back
Big 3rd period coming up

Gallant shouldn't be playing, period. He needs to get his conditioning and strength back up. So many times he skated gingerly to the bench and I was thinking there's the re-aggravation of the injury again. And out on the PK, he's the guy we want taking a rocket from the point off his lower body to block a shot?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
anyone catch that exchange between Fraser and Supryka that lead to Supryka taking a slashing penalty? Didn't look like friendly jousting between former teammates

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Speaking of former teammates, I wanted to see how Beraldo was doing since his hot start with Kingston, and I saw that he was already a -18 with them.
I know that team is about as competitive as a minor bantam team, but holy cow that really didn't take long for that number to get there

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
anyone catch that exchange between Fraser and Supryka that lead to Supryka taking a slashing penalty? Didn't look like friendly jousting between former teammates

When Supryka was going to the box Fraser was mocking him and continued to mock him from the bench-

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
  • Don't look now but Merkley with 2 points, including the winning goal and a +4 tonight.
  • Nice to see Jones close the door after the 3 early goals....a number of really tough saves when the score was close
  • Parker-Jones had a better game tonight and it was nice to see Little score his first for the Petes
  • Please put a RH shot on the left half-board on the PP.....you don't want Kirk there
  • Don't rush Gallant.....use him on the PK or PP but not both
  • Oshawa home & home coming up next.......a split would be great, but maybe they can steal one Friday on the road......fingers crossed

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
  • Don't look now but Merkley with 2 points, including the winning goal and a +4 tonight.
  • Nice to see Jones close the door after the 3 early goals....a number of really tough saves when the score was close
  • Parker-Jones had a better game tonight and it was nice to see Little score his first for the Petes
  • Please put a RH shot on the left half-board on the PP.....you don't want Kirk there
  • Don't rush Gallant.....use him on the PK or PP but not both
  • Oshawa home & home coming up next.......a split would be great, but maybe they can steal one Friday on the road......fingers crossed

You make several good points. Regarding Point #4 RH shot on PP, I agree and don't understand how 3 coaches don't get this. I think that Merkley's goal came as a result of frustration on his part in setting up guys from the blueline and nothing happening and him finally saying I am going to do this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->