Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
The Petes defence will be challenged this weekend with Fraser and McNamara out.

I hadn't heard they were both out. Wilson kept saying Fraser was nothing serious. At least it's Flint tomorrow...(though that kind of thinking can come back to bite you)

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I’d love to see Cermak get a chance centering Robertson and Timleck. He has played well recently and may just click with these two.
Paquette with Gogo and Isaacson
Hinz could center Kirk and Butler
Grondin with Denault and Partridge

I’m expecting Austin to get the start in the middle game in Guelph, with Jones getting the other two
I’d be thrilled with 4 of 6 points

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I’d love to see Cermak get a chance centering Robertson and Timleck. He has played well recently and may just click with these two.
Paquette with Gogo and Isaacson
Hinz could center Kirk and Butler
Grondin with Denault and Partridge

I’m expecting Austin to get the start in the middle game in Guelph, with Jones getting the other two
I’d be thrilled with 4 of 6 points

Why would Austin not get one of the worst teams of recent memory, who’s without their best player? And Jones gets Guelph and Ottawa who are both good?

Reactions: Petes1

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
If you don't start your back-up goalie against the last place team then when do you start him?
My bet is Jones plays all three unless things go bad in one of these games. We seem OK with this scenario with Wilson as coach but were all over Hull for doing the same thing.

Reactions: Petes1

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
I too predict Jones will get all three starts as Wilson has said he wants to close out the first half of season on a high

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
My bet is Jones plays all three unless things go bad in one of these games. We seem OK with this scenario with Wilson as coach but were all over Hull for doing the same thing.
It's not remotely the same scenario as last season. Last year (17-18) we knew that Jones was going to be the 18-19 starter so it only made sense to get him some opportunities. Additionally Jones was 17 last year.

This time around, we know Jones will be back next year to serve as the starter once again and Austin is 16 years old.

Kartwheels

Sep 17, 2018
It's not remotely the same scenario as last season. Last year (17-18) we knew that Jones was going to be the 18-19 starter so it only made sense to get him some opportunities. Additionally Jones was 17 last year.

This time around, we know Jones will be back next year to serve as the starter once again and Austin is 16 years old.

Kartwheels

Sep 17, 2018
IMO Austin played well coming in against London and beat Hamilton so I think he deserves to be rewarded with a start. He looks like a good confident goalie for a 02 why not develope him for the future.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
IMO Austin played well coming in against London and beat Hamilton so I think he deserves to be rewarded with a start. He looks like a good confident goalie for a 02 why not develope him for the future.
I agree he should get some games and I would start him tonight but in general, it's not the same situation as last year.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Well... if you're only going to show up for half the game, that's the team to do it against.

Butler looks better every game, he needs to get a lot more ice.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Well... if you're only going to show up for half the game, that's the team to do it against.

Butler looks better every game, he needs to get a lot more ice.

Totally agree with your comments re Butler. Needs and deserves more ice time. Good to see Grondin getting more ice. He will be around when the going gets tough.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Worth noting, because he was in town tonight, the picks that Oke acquired for C.J. Clarke became Cameron Butler and Jack Bar.

I think it's safe to say that even if Bar (as is likely) never plays a game in the OHL, that's a big win.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Petes draft pick Cam Crotty (2015), playing at Boston University, is cut from Canadian WJC team......if he had chosen to play with the Petes, he probably would have made the team :D

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I really liked a lot of the young kids last night. I think Cermak, along with Butler, is getting better every game. Spearing played good as well.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Adam Timleck has impressed me this year. On one shift last night his line turned the puck over in the Flint slot and Timleck was down by the goal line. He showed great hustle on the backcheck to break up a 3 on 2 and he passed Robertson on the backcheck even though Robertson had a 3 or 4 stride head start on him.
He has led by example..... lots of hustle, physical and very supportive of the young players......everything u hope for in an OA. Not to mention that shot of his...wow!

Reactions: Petesfan8

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Spearing played well. Fired off a nice shot for the opening goal, and then played well defensively too. He broke up a two-on-none by diving through the play.

When I saw Cermak was on a line with some talented wingers, I knew he'd end up on the score-sheet.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Petes draft pick Cam Crotty (2015), playing at Boston University, is cut from Canadian WJC team......if he had chosen to play with the Petes, he probably would have made the team :D

Is Nick Ritchie the only Petes player in recent memory who's made it?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Is Nick Ritchie the only Petes player in recent memory who's made it?
There's actually been a couple, Domonik Masin played in his last year with the Petes, Peter Ceresnak, Auston Watson, and I'm sure there's one or two more within the last decade or so. I believe they all got traded right after the tournament lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad