Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
All those picks still plus they still have two Oa spots to fill? Good luck beating them now.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ottawa had five 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft, Windsor only managed to get one of them (Ottawa's), which is likely going to be the worst of them all (currently 41st overall).

Ottawa keeps all their young players, still have a ton of 2nd round picks, 2 OA spots open. They're in a really good spot for the next few years.
Now if they could only put a decent crowd in the stands.

Reactions: three dog night

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Good news!

upload_2018-12-5_21-6-1.png

Of course they will potentially face him 5 more times, including 2 games the last week of the regular season in a home and home (Thursday/Friday) before finishing the season hosting Sudbury on the Saturday night.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Took a closer look at the Petes's schedule during WJC camps as well as the tournament itself.......as the trade deadline approaches (Wednesday, Jan. 9th OA deadline, Thursday, Jan. 10th non-OA deadline)

They play 10 games over these 4 weeks (including the 12 day holiday from Dec. 16 - 28).....
Ottawa twice (potentially missing DiPietro, Chemelevski)
Flint once (potentially missing Dellandrea)
Mississauga thrice (potentially missing Tippett)
Guelph once (potentially missing Ratcliffe, Samorukov)
Kingston twice
Kitchener once (potentially missing Hugg)

This stretch (for all teams) will clarify sellers/buyers/stand-patters.

I'm very interested to see what Oke does. It looks like it will be a buyers market and he has the picks to spend, so he should be able to acquire a F and a D that should help this year and next.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Didn’t see what happened to Fraser but I didn’t see him at all for most of the 2nd period

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
I love watching him play. Whichever NHL team drafts him is getting a steal.

He'll likely be here for two more seasons which is scary to think about. Scary good!

Reactions: Petes

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Didn't see Fraser for most of the 2nd or all of the 3rd. Which meant more McNamara...maybe it's just me but I can count a dozen mistakes he makes every game. Moreover basically when Chisholm isn't on the ice, our defense makes me uncomfortable.

Didn't really deserve the win tonight in my opinion but we got it.

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Didn't see Fraser for most of the 2nd or all of the 3rd. Which meant more McNamara...maybe it's just me but I can count a dozen mistakes he makes every game. Moreover basically when Chisholm isn't on the ice, our defense makes me uncomfortable.

Didn't really deserve the win tonight in my opinion but we got it.
Could you please keep slamming McNamara’s performance. After the Kingston game you said he was abysmal He was plu one and had a goal and an assist. Tonight he was plus 3 and set up the over time winner 3 on 3. At this rate your comments and blindness will get him and the Petes to the promised land. I wasn’t as priveleged to see the game tonight but I just watched the highlights on Chex I must have missed the ten mistakes he mAde. Lmfao.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Could you please keep slamming McNamara’s performance. After the Kingston game you said he was abysmal He was plu one and had a goal and an assist. Tonight he was plus 3 and set up the over time winner 3 on 3. At this rate your comments and blindness will get him and the Petes to the promised land. I wasn’t as priveleged to see the game tonight but I just watched the highlights on Chex I must have missed the ten mistakes he mAde. Lmfao.
Sorry. A dozen mistakes. Lmfao.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

"and set up the overtime winner 3 on 3" does sound like a really good play unless you watched the game.... Haha

Thank you Jake Gravelle

Reactions: Diaero

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016

The entire team is + in the plus/minus department except for the turnover brothers (Gogolev/SDA) last time I checked.

I noted he scored in that Kingston game which is why I was hesitant to post about him but others agreed with his performance. Ever since that game I've been watching him closely because he no longer gets the benefit of being a younger player exceeding expectations. He's a top four defenseman on this team and is put out in key situations, including powerplays and overtime. That warrants scrutiny. If all you're going on is points and plus/minus and just watching highlights then you're missing a lot of the bigger picture.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I think McNamara is just fine. He may not have the size and skill but he is reliable imo. The Petes overall on the back end are much better at controlling the puck and getting the puck out with good break-outs. Fraser being out for half the game concerns me and it was noticeable after he left. Yes Chisolm is playing very well and handled Hamilton's top players one on one very effectively.

The first period was a clusterf##k for the Petes with turnovers Parker-Jones within 30 seconds got smoked by Mutter, Hamilton scores and then Mutter provokes Parker-Jones. P-J then drops the gloves, doesn;t throw a punch but stil gets the only penalty. Then the Bulldogs score immediatly on the PP. I was pissed. Later Mutter tried hitting Osmanski and got shaken up. Looked good on him.

Petes manage to win and I think they deserved it frankly.

I wonder when Gallant will return?

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I think McNamara is just fine. He may not have the size and skill but he is reliable imo. The Petes overall on the back end are much better at controlling the puck and getting the puck out with good break-outs. Fraser being out for half the game concerns me and it was noticeable after he left. Yes Chisolm is playing very well and handled Hamilton's top players one on one very effectively.

The first period was a clusterf##k for the Petes with turnovers Parker-Jones within 30 seconds got smoked by Mutter, Hamilton scores and then Mutter provokes Parker-Jones. P-J then drops the gloves, doesn;t throw a punch but stil gets the only penalty. Then the Bulldogs score immediatly on the PP. I was pissed. Later Mutter tried hitting Osmanski and got shaken up. Looked good on him.

Petes manage to win and I think they deserved it frankly.

I wonder when Gallant will return?

A few of my takeaways from last night's game.

The Petes power play is not good. Last night they had trouble entering the zone and when they did could not make much happen. Which coach is responsible for PP?

The Petes should play 3 on 3 all of the time.

Robertson is too good a player to be on the 4th line.

SDA continues to dazzle with his stickhandling passes to himself etc. but often ends up losing the puck without getting a shot.

Gallant was in the stands last night and didn't appear to be wearing a cast. His return will be much welcomed.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Robertson is too good a player to be on the 4th line.
The 4th line was Butler-Grondin-Denault.

Did this mean to say Butler because I would agree with that but I'm not sure who I would knock out of the top 9. I think if anything, if the Petes are going to condense to three lines, like they did for long periods last night, they need to at least work Butler and Grondin in within those three lines more regularly.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Did this mean to say Butler because I would agree with that but I'm not sure who I would knock out of the top 9. I think if anything, if the Petes are going to condense to three lines, like they did for long periods last night, they need to at least work Butler and Grondin in within those three lines more regularly.

Isaacson seems to be the first guy to fall out of the top 9, lately. He’s really struggled since his hot start.

Reactions: Diaero

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Sorry I meant Butler.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Isaacson seems to be the first guy to fall out of the top 9, lately. He’s really struggled since his hot start.

Does he fall out of the top 12 when Gallant returns?

Unless another injury happens, or someone is traded, I don't see how he doesn't. Should try and sell high on him, if they wait until the offseason, they may get nothing.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Does he fall out of the top 12 when Gallant returns?

Unless another injury happens, or someone is traded, I don't see how he doesn't. Should try and sell high on him, if they wait until the offseason, they may get nothing.

And they'll likely keep him as an OA which could hurt the team if he doesn't improve. The Petes don't have many 99s (3) and it could go either way on Gallant and Fraser returning.

Many people on here seem to think next season is our year to contend, so if that's the case you have to start preparing for that. Losing Paquette and Timleck hurts, but isn't a deal breaker. Losing Osmanski is not good, but losing both he and Fraser is really bad. We would be left with Chisholm, McNamara, Beraldo, Jones, Supryka, 1st round pick, and Spearing.

Even with Gallant the Petes should be adding at forward, so who else should be bumped down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad