Peter Regin thoughts

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
and Peter Regin helps the Blackhawks go on to the Conference finals

what would someone here would have thought if they told you Peter Regin was going to Center the line with Patrick Kane and help the Blackhawks go on to the Conference finals back in February

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

what would someone here would have thought if they told you Peter Regin was going to Center the line with Patrick Kane and help the Blackhawks go on to the Conference finals back in February

Who cares? Good for him.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan

I have nothing against Peter Regin...but really dude?
The Hawks have played in 13 Playoff games...Regin has played in 2 this playoffs....for a grand total of 32 shifts, totaling 23 mins and 51 seconds....scoring zero points! Averaging 40 percent on faceoffs....

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I have nothing against Peter Regin...but really dude?
The Hawks have played in 13 Playoff games...Regin has played in 2 this playoffs....for a grand total of 32 shifts, totaling 23 mins and 51 seconds....scoring zero points! Averaging 40 percent on faceoffs....

yea but he was a +1 on that OT goal and he barely just missed an assist on it

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

First Niño. Now this? Why Garth why?

Seriously. Good for him. He did not fit here and he was just a place holder for a better young player like Strome or Lee.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
First Niño. Now this? Why Garth why?

Seriously. Good for him. He did not fit here and he was just a place holder for a better young player like Strome or Lee.

Nino i totally agree with, but honestly from the moment he was traded we all had a feeling that he was going to make Garth look bad.

even though i liked Regin, he works better for the hawks than he would for the islanders and we freed up his spot to give our younger guys some experience. peter regin wasnt going to get the islanders into the playoffs.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
It's not the player that got better.

it's the damn coach and organization

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
yea but he was a +1 on that OT goal and he barely just missed an assist on it

"Barely missed an assist"? Basically he was on the ice when Kane scored the goal.

I will say that Regin was mishandled here, just a bad match. He's a good 4th line option on a playoff team. Good energy off the bench, doesn't really do much with it but he's probably better at keeping the puck out of our zone than our current bunch. But Cappy was set with Martin-Cizikas-McDonald so here we are.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
He's done nothing to help the Blackhawks get to where they are.

This is correct, but to be fair, Hawks fans want Regin in the lineup over a guy like Bollig. The Hawks are probably a better team with Regin. He's not a gamechanger but he's less likely to do something dumb.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yeah, me too. And the franchise has never really recovered from the trade of Andre St. Laurent.

Well, except for the whole dynasty thing anyway.

St. Laurent gave me his stick after practice one day - a few weeks later my mom took it from the garage and used it to stake tomatoes in the garden. :(

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Peter regin was part of what got us halak.
That was his best contribution to the isles
End of peter regin thought

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The funny thing is, when the Regin signing was announced last summer I'm sure someone posted, "Peter Regin, come and get the Stanley Cup".

Potentially could become true. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad