Peter Puck making a comeback?

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
"I've never had a sense that people are clamouring for the return of Peter Puck. I think the fact that no one has picked it up over the past 20 years … might be slightly telling," said Bob Stellick, a Toronto-based sports-marketing consultant.
I agree with him

BlackHavlat

May 10, 2007
Wilson,NC
Apparently they'll be running ads where a woman finds him in her shower, and she completely freaks out and beats him with a loofah.

Haha, they should have beat sidney crosby with a loofah when they found him in the shower on the "nhl is back" commercials. That would have been funny.

But seriously, I hope this guy understands that kids now adays... not too excited about animated happy little pucks. Maybe if he slashes a guy in half with his new warrior dolomite stick. That would be attractive to younger viewers. But I dont see it catching on.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
Haha, they should have beat sidney crosby with a loofah when they found him in the shower on the "nhl is back" commercials. That would have been funny.

But seriously, I hope this guy understands that kids now adays... not too excited about animated happy little pucks. Maybe if he slashes a guy in half with his new warrior dolomite stick. That would be attractive to younger viewers. But I dont see it catching on.

yeah but everything retro is cool again, right?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
lets just hope he's still legal property of canada and doesn't get sold off like many other great canadian icons.Tim Hortons Donuts, Mounties, and Wayne Gretzky.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
lets just hope he's still legal property of canada and doesn't get sold off like many other great canadian icons.Tim Hortons Donuts, Mounties, and Wayne Gretzky.

Peter Puck was brought in by NBC back in the day to educate Americans on Hockey. What are you smoking?

MuzikMachine

Nov 14, 2005
When I first saw the thread tite, I thought that Peter Pocklington was making a return to the NHL. :help: :)

techtroll

Jan 28, 2007
The whole question of who "invented" a comic book or animated character is a grey area, especially since many of them emerge from meetings, focus groups and brainstorming sessions. Who "invented" Supergirl? Otto Binder who wrote the stories? The cartoonist who drew the pictures? Or the corporate execs who registered "super-girl" as a DC trademark 2 years before they got around to producing a comic book by that name? There's a court case going on right now over Ghostrider that may clarify the matter. In any event, McFarlane owns the rights now, because he bought them from Hanna Barbera, who have always claimed that they invented the character and McFarlane was only a "consultant" to get the hockey right.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I just saw an ad in the hockey news for Peter Puck t-shirts. As soon as I go back to the library, I'm jotting down the ordering number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad