Peter Mueller

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
What kind of futur does he have? How many points he could get in the NHL?

Would he be in the top 3 in the 2007 draft? Before Turris, Kane or JVR?

Last edited:

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'd probably put him at the top personally, just because I like what Mueller brings and he's not risky like some of those guys at the top of the 07 class, but at the same time he brings a ton of skill as well. I see him being a 25g 55-60a type player in the NHL if all pans out of course, depending on if he gets some offensive help over there in PHX. He's a playmaker type with great vision. I hope he's successful, I'm a fan of his for sure.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Peter Mueller would be the top pick in this year's draft simply because he'd be the only safe pick outside of Karl Alzner. Every prospect in the top 10 this year has something they have to improve on, if they don't improve on this 1 thing, they will not be impact players in the NHL. Can Pat Kane, Kyle Turris, or JVR be better than Peter Mueller? Absolutely, but Peter Mueller is a sure-fire top 6 NHL forward IMO.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I would personally love to have Patrick Kane, I mean he has some unreal hands and offensive instincts, probably has the best hands in all of hockey.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I won't compare Mueller to anyone from this year's draft (but suffice it to say, I'm thrilled to have him and Turris). The sky is the limit for Mueller, though. His offensive skills have been discussed plenty, but it's his defensive play that makes him such an attractive prospect. I definitely don't want anyone to think I'm saying he'll be as good as Peter Forsberg, but he plays the same type of game and has many of Forsberg's skills (all scaled back, obviously).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I won't compare Mueller to anyone from this year's draft (but suffice it to say, I'm thrilled to have him and Turris). The sky is the limit for Mueller, though. His offensive skills have been discussed plenty, but it's his defensive play that makes him such an attractive prospect. I definitely don't want anyone to think I'm saying he'll be as good as Peter Forsberg, but he plays the same type of game and has many of Forsberg's skills (all scaled back, obviously).

I don't see the Forsberg comparison. Foppa can protect the puck like nobody's business and is a legitimate power forward who can knock you on your ass when he wants. I just haven't seen Mueller's physical side. Anyone who watched the Silvertips care to chime in?

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I don't see the Forsberg comparison. Foppa can protect the puck like nobody's business and is a legitimate power forward who can knock you on your ass when he wants. I just haven't seen Mueller's physical side. Anyone who watched the Silvertips care to chime in?

He dosnt play no Forberg's style.

I dont think you can compare anyone in the NHl right now to Mueller's playing style.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

I dont get the Forsberg thing at ALL.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Mueller definitely doesn't have the power that Forsberg does, but he's excellent when it comes to puck protection. Basically, the comparison comes from the fact that both players excel in all facets of the game and draw a ton of respect from the opposing team. When the puck is on the player's stick, he is controlling the game at his own speed.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Mueller definitely doesn't have the power that Forsberg does, but he's excellent when it comes to puck protection. Basically, the comparison comes from the fact that both players excel in all facets of the game and draw a ton of respect from the opposing team. When the puck is on the player's stick, he is controlling the game at his own speed.

...which is why I've said time and time again that he reminds me of Sundin. Sundin has excellent puck protection and is a very solid two-way player.

Mueller is a poor-man's Sundin. I've been saying that for a while now.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
...which is why I've said time and time again that he reminds me of Sundin. Sundin has excellent puck protection and is a very solid two-way player.

Mueller is a poor-man's Sundin. I've been saying that for a while now.

I can accept that as a comparison, though I think he'll be close enough to Sundin's level to shed the "poor man's" label.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I can accept that as a comparison, though I think he'll be close enough to Sundin's level to shed the "poor man's" label.

Agreed, I have a feeling he will be as good, or better than Sundin...and I can see the Forsberg comparison when it comes to puck protection on the boards (at the WHL level of course).

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I might take Van Riemsdyk over him, but that's it. He's definitely the safest pick and not without upside, but that Forsberg comparison somebody tossed out was absurd. A poor man's Sundin sounds just about right, though I don't think he'll be that much worse.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Agreed, I have a feeling he will be as good, or better than Sundin...and I can see the Forsberg comparison when it comes to puck protection on the boards (at the WHL level of course).

Better than Sundin?

See the reality, dude.

A player of the calibre of Malkin is compared to Sundin or Forsberg, but Mueller?

You gotta be kidding me, and if you really think he will be as good as this guy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgRSsr9yEQ4, then please dont talk.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Ummmmm, thanks for the tip rookie... but we can comment on guys that we have seen if we want. The rest of your message makes about 0 sense.

Ummmmmm, thanks for the tip Lucic... the new gun, or if I could call you a 10 year old kid, but your comments on Peter Mueller makes less sense than your humor.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Ummmmmm, thanks for the tip Lucic... the new gun, or if I could call you a 10 year old kid, but your comments on Peter Mueller makes less sense than your humor.

Your username makes sense, I'm assuming, if you are making reference to academic scoring in your schooling system, but I really couldn't be bothered to continue a debate with someone who says:

a) "Have you seen THIS guy (insert youtube link) OMG ZPOW!!" -least brainsofthebunch

I mean seriously, holy crap, I didn't know youtube existed... if I had it would have COMPLETELY changed my opinion on every hockey player.:shakehead

b) "I dont think you can compare anyone in the NHl right now to Mueller's playing style." -leastbrainsofthebunch You are right son... he is a WHOLE new player... there has never been anyone like him... out of 700+ players there are no comparables... he is to the new NHL what Bobby Orr was as a rookie. :sarcasm::shakehead

(edit: I can't believe I wasted so much time with you... good day/riddance)

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Your username makes sense, I'm assuming, if you are making reference to academic scoring in your schooling system, but I really couldn't be bothered to continue a debate with someone who says:

a) "Have you seen THIS guy (insert youtube link) OMG ZPOW!!" -least brainsofthebunch

I mean seriously, holy crap, I didn't know youtube existed... if I had it would have COMPLETELY changed my opinion on every hockey player.:shakehead

b) "I dont think you can compare anyone in the NHl right now to Mueller's playing style." -leastbrainsofthebunch You are right son... he is a WHOLE new player... there has never been anyone like him... out of 700+ players there are no comparables... he is to the new NHL what Bobby Orr was as a rookie. :sarcasm::shakehead

(edit: I can't believe I wasted so much time with you... good day/riddance)
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Most Hilarious post of the day, and notice the ignorance.:amazed::amazed:

:loony::loony:

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Out of all the comparisons I've seen of Mueller, I wouldn't say a poor mans Sundin is out of the question at all comparison wise. Although I think Sundin is more of a shooter while Mueller is the latter. Don't see the Drury and Naslund comparison, seeing as they are both different in playing style not even bringing Mueller into the equation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->