Peter Mueller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transported Upstater

TipsFan13 said:
Do you think Mueller will return to Junior Hockey next year since it is NHL or nothing? Also how do you think he will perform at the World Juniors for USA?

It depends on whether Mueller makes an NHL roster. CHL players can attend NHL training camps without losing amateur status (NCAA players can attend camps, but only if they pay their own way to camp; the moment a player receives money from an NHL club or decides to go the CHL route, he permanently loses NCAA eligibility).

Honestly, to make an NHL roster next year, Mueller would have to either land on a team with a ridiculously impatient front office or destroy the competition at rookie camp and traning camp. Unless you are a really special player, chances are you cannot play a full season in the NHL at 18. I personally see Mueller back in Everett for another year after this one, and he will be re-evaluated after that time.

Personal opinion part of post starts now: That's what I'd do if I was a GM. I'd basically never play 18-year olds unless they really dominated at camp, and even then, I would never give them top-line minutes. I really believe 18-year olds who are competive at the NHL level are few and far between.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
TipsFan13 said:
Do you think Mueller will return to Junior Hockey next year since it is NHL or nothing? Also how do you think he will perform at the World Juniors for USA?

Can you explain why it is NHL or nothing?

AgentNaslund*

MeffyuhTJRest said:

I think he means if he does not make the NHL he also does not make the AHL or ECHL. Its right back in the WHL for him.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
When Mueller choose to play WHL i think he wanted to get to the NHL as fast as he could. He could have gone top 10 easily just like Skille and J. Johnson did from the USNDT. But he wants the NHL, if he really dominates this year in the WHL teams will have to decide if he can still learn from the WHL. Like the wild did with Burns and PMB. It will be easier to send Frolik, Toews and Kessel back to their repective leagues and still learn over sending Mueller back to learn. Mueller may be the most NHL ready player in the draft. I think thats what he thought when he choose to go to the WHL in the first place.

RangersFan88*

sry but i dont know the boy is he german ?
his name sure sounds like that

AgentNaslund*

I dont think any prospects will make their teams out of draft, besides the team Columbus picks up. (Doug Mclean rushing prospects like Usuall) or maybe Phil Kessel have a chance making the team right out of draft.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I think after this season the guy might have acomplished all he can in the "W" but if they tips get him back next year and can get some half decent players around him.. watch out.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Adam91 said:
I think after this season the guy might have acomplished all he can in the "W" but if they tips get him back next year and can get some half decent players around him.. watch out.

Unless he runs away with the scoring title then hes going to have something to prove still. They got some good players around him already this year. Problem is they cant seem to stay healthy. So far after watching him this year hes not NHL ready. Cant really explain why but you just know watching him hes not ready.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
AgentNaslund said:
I dont think any prospects will make their teams out of draft, besides the team Columbus picks up. (Doug Mclean rushing prospects like Usuall) or maybe Phil Kessel have a chance making the team right out of draft.

You MIGHT see either Kessel or EJ make the team out of the draft. EJ, Like Jack Johnson could very well play in the NHL the year of his draft, although I think it would be much more rational to at least let him get one year in college first like the Canes are doing with JJ.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MeffyuhTJRest said:

18 and 19 year olds from the chl can't play in the AHL/ECHL...the nhl/chl have an agreement and to protect the chl teams from being raided of talent any 18 or 19 year old so any 18-19 year old that doesn't make the nhl team gets returned to juniors...

thats why marc staal, robbie schremp, benoit pouliot, etc are back in juniors. they could all be playing in the AHL right now talent-wise but they aren't allowed.

(btw the rule didn't apply last year during the lockout)

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
well

I'm praying the wild get Mueller, ( and the way the wild are playing this year they might have a shot)

He's a MN kid, but that isn't why.

He's got great size, solid speed, and he's a great playmaker. He would be perfect in the future inbetween a gaborik and pouliot or voloshenko

Mueller is the real deal, he's a top 5 draft talent, but this draft has a strong top 10, so he may not go top 5, we'll see.

Kessel, toews, mueller, little, staal, backstrom, brassard.......anyone else impressed with the centers in the 06 draft? I sure am. I think all those guys have top line upside.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Steadfast said:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=203888

"Doug mentioned big Eric Johnson as a guy he really likes. Says that he thinks Meuler would be his #1 as of today. Mentioned Staal and Kessel as well."

"MacLean:

Mueller over Kessel"

For the record MacLean has never name dropped the player that he is really interested in. There's always a decoy.

Since he wasn't mentioned I would assume Toews is his favorite :)

However there is a huge difference between what HFers think and what actually NHL people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad