Peter Luukko has resigned as president of Comcast Spectacor (Dave Scott interim pres)

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
Probably woke up one day and said I'm rich, I'm getting old, and I don't really know my family too well so its time to retire. He'll unretire and be back somewhere within a year or so. Happens often enough to successful business men in their mid 50's.

I'm inclined to agree with this. He probably just woke up one day and it wasn't fun.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm inclined to agree with this. He probably just woke up one day and it wasn't fun.

Yup..not fun trying to promote a team that may miss the playoffs 2 years in a row. Playoffs is a franchise's bread and butter as far as revenue goes...

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
You do realize that Comcast Spectacor isn't just the Flyers, right?

Yes..but the Flyers are still a big part of the business. I'm pretty sure he is not all that thrilled with the team not pulling revenue in the playoffs when he is looking at the balance sheet and the Flyers side of the ledger. Not saying that pushed him out...highly unlikely ..just saying it probably wasn't FUN coming to terms with that while running the Spectacor operation..

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yes..but the Flyers are still a big part of the business. I'm pretty sure he is not all that thrilled with the team not pulling revenue in the playoffs when he is looking at the balance sheet and the Flyers side of the ledger. Not saying that pushed him out...highly unlikely ..just saying it probably wasn't FUN coming to terms with that while running the Spectacor operation..

Sure, but Luukko couldn't possibly depend on or expect playoff revenue every year. It would be like an employee expecting a 100% bonus every year. It could happen, but you shouldn't necessarily count on it on an annual basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad