Proposal: Peter Holland for Jamie Oleksiak

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So far Holland has been a good 4th line centre for us...and we have plenty of depth defenseman so Leafs pass.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Good deal but we would have 8 NHL D-Man and Holland has been fine at 4C.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
We can only carry 8 dmen, not 9, so this means Corrado goes on waivers and we have to rely on Ben Smith or Seth Griffith or Frederik Gauthier to be our 4C. Not a smart move.

How about...

McKenzie/Korpikoski/Cracknell
Oleksiak

for

Holland
Corrado

Still not sure if I like losing our 4C with no proper replacement.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
We can only carry 8 dmen, not 9, so this means Corrado goes on waivers and we have to rely on Ben Smith or Seth Griffith or Frederik Gauthier to be our 4C. Not a smart move.

How about...

McKenzie/Korpikoski/Cracknell
Oleksiak

for

Holland
Corrado

Still not sure if I like losing our 4C with no proper replacement.

Really? Holland is irreplaceable? Laich, Froese, or Greening could take his spot with little to no drop off. Its not like he's been great and a 4th line role is wasted on him anyways. I'd do it. Oleksiak brings a physicality that we don't currently have and outside of Reilly, Gardiner, & Zaitsev the rest of the D core have been lackluster to start the year.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Really? Holland is irreplaceable? Laich, Froese, or Greening could take his spot with little to no drop off.
Greening is a winger.

Laich would be fine, but i really like the idea of him staying down on tbe Marlies mentoring the kids. That team is very young and could use his guidance.

Froese is under 30 and he was put on waivers during a youth movement. Pretty safe to say he would be a band-aid to temporarily fill 4C just for now. Which isn't the end of the world.

I would do this deal, so long as Smith or Griffith look fine at 4C, or so long as we add a 4C in the near future after this. Long term potential payoff is worth it.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Jamie Oleksiak is someone id be willing to make a move for, Holland plus Corrado for Oleksiak plus a pick.

Hollan simply doesn't have a spot on our team. He is a third line type trying to play on a 4th line being told to grind.

Jamies not yet been able to transition his talent into the NHL, but he is talented. He can move well for a big man, is physical, and some decent puck skills. I could see Babbs falling in love with a 6'7 bottom pairing guy for the PK. Also would have no problem having him subplant Marincin on the 3rd pairing.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Jamie Oleksiak is someone id be willing to make a move for, Holland plus Corrado for Oleksiak plus a pick.

Hollan simply doesn't have a spot on our team. He is a third line type trying to play on a 4th line being told to grind.

Jamies not yet been able to transition his talent into the NHL, but he is talented. He can move well for a big man, is physical, and some decent puck skills. I could see Babbs falling in love with a 6'7 bottom pairing guy for the PK. Also would have no problem having him subplant Marincin on the 3rd pairing.

Dallas doesn't need to take on another defenseman.

We have Klingberg, Hamhuis, Johns, Nemeth, Oduya, Jordie Benn and Lindell at the NHL level if we traded Oleksiak.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

If Lou wanted to trade Holland for Keith Aulie 2.0, that's fine. It's just shuffling the deck chairs

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Would rather just keep Holland. Fourth line has been fine and he can step up to the middle six in case of injury.

The fourth line already has Matt Martin to be the hitting, grindy type guy. Might as well have at least a bit of a scoring threat there

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
After watching our defense tonight, I'd take a chance on any long-shot defenseman at this point. Deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad