Olympics: Peter Forsberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I know what he said in the interview, it has been explained here.

It isn't just me who has called him out here so i don't get all the focus on me other then that I have pointed out the current victim role in your hockey culture that is highlighted by Forsbergs comments, and also by a lot of your posters here.

I mean, Canada cheats, The U.S was diving in the semi WJC game, Finland is dirty. There always seems to be something.

As i said, if you can't take any criticism of forsberg you know what to do,use the ignore function and you won't have to hear anything you can't deal with.The fact it all bothers you so much says it all really.

You don't have a winners mentality and it shows. You would rather take a victim stance to deal with losses, thats your choice.

No doubt the reason you are all so worked up is you know it's true.
So youre saying that you have a "winners mentality", yourself then? Cause comming to a thread about a Swedish national hero, clogging it up whit 50+ negative posts about Swedes in general and obvioulsy thinking you will "win" anything by that makes me worried for you, and your health. What do you "win" out of it? .

I come to think of this J.Cash song when I read your posts jjcale, "I hurt myself today, just to feel ther pain, the only thing that is real ".. You like the message board to hurt you? Feel empty?

Reactions: crossbownerf

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Cherry on coaches corner tonight saying it was crazy Malkin wasn't named as one of the 100 best players of all time.

But he never says anything good about european players they say.

Malkin is a top 100 player of all time? What's next, water is wet? He's talked about hockey for a living for dozens of years, he should've brought up a guy like Malkin thousands of times by now. Merely acknowledging the obvious once in a blue moon doesn't really cut it to prove people wrong.

I mean it's so obvious your mentality and bias. I mean there has always been this moaning and groaning abut neidermayer on Forsberg at the WHC ages ago that still get's brought up by so many of you guys yet you have no memory of the dirty hit on Crosby by Hannula at the WHC.That of course is completely forgotten and never brought up. One big difference..........you don't hear canadian fans crying about that years later do you?

It's a chosen selective narrative that so many of you want to engage in, it gives you a built in excuse for failure.

Except you just did. Stop with the holier than thou act, you're just being passive-aggressive, and you whine just as much as anyone you talk about in this thread.

KalmarKnights

May 11, 2012
I thought it was funny when Forsberg told Grönborg to practice powerplay rather than have the day off. Needless to say he was right, considering they failed to score in that form against Finland.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Malkin is a top 100 player of all time? What's next, water is wet? He's talked about hockey for a living for dozens of years, he should've brought up a guy like Malkin thousands of times by now. Merely acknowledging the obvious once in a blue moon doesn't really cut it to prove people wrong.

Except you just did. Stop with the holier than thou act, you're just being passive-aggressive, and you whine just as much as anyone you talk about in this thread.
Illuminating post here.

Apparently pointing out a dirty hit that is forgotten about by swedish fans to demonstrate their selective memory is now considered "whining"

The gymnastics you guys use to try to pull the wool over everyones eyes is quite something, only your own fans would be dumb enough to fall for it though. But they are dumb enough to believe anything of course, that's why they have the victims mentality, tell them what they want to hear to fluff off their losses and they will go for it hook line and sinker.

It's clear you will never change.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
So youre saying that you have a "winners mentality", yourself then? Cause comming to a thread about a Swedish national hero, clogging it up whit 50+ negative posts about Swedes in general and obvioulsy thinking you will "win" anything by that makes me worried for you, and your health. What do you "win" out of it? .

I come to think of this J.Cash song when I read your posts jjcale, "I hurt myself today, just to feel ther pain, the only thing that is real ".. You like the message board to hurt you? Feel empty?
Ditto. Good work

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
Relatively speaking he is a scrub. The gap between Timonen and Tanner Glass is smaller than the gap between Forsberg and Timonen.
Relatively speaking Timonen put up 4x the the amount of points Glass did on year to year basis as a defenseman. Foppa was an 80 point beast, yes. But Timonen was a very good top pair D. So no, the gap between Kimmo and Glass is much smaller. Border line NHLer vs Borderline All-star vs Superstar. If Timonen was a scrub all but ~40 Dmen in the NHL are currently scrubs.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Relatively speaking Timonen put up 4x the the amount of points Glass did on year to year basis as a defenseman. Foppa was an 80 point beast, yes. But Timonen was a very good top pair D. So no, the gap between Kimmo and Glass is much smaller. Border line NHLer vs Borderline All-star vs Superstar. If Timonen was a scrub all but ~40 Dmen in the NHL are currently scrubs.
Just to clarify, Kimmo Timonen currently sits at #43 in all-time NHL points for defencemen. I have some doubts that there are "~40" Dmen in the NHL currently who'll put up a more impressive career than Timonen did.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Refreshing to have a sports personality that actually speaks his mind. Today's norm of not speaking out of line and keeping a neutral face is what makes the NHL interviews ridiculous where you basically know what everyone will say after the game the day before the game even happens. Kind of funny that people get riled up when someone speaks their mind like every normal person does

Yes Forsberg is great as a commentator. No one can really gainsay him when he says unconventional stuff like on the powerplay issue.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC

jj cale is right about that though. You guys keep bringing up that hit on Forsberg again and again and it has been 14 years non-stop. Time to let it go.

Reactions: jj cale

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
jj cale is right about that though. You guys keep bringing up that hit on Forsberg again and again and it has been 14 years non-stop. Time to let it go.

Non-stop? Please provide some evedince then, sure it might happen now again but personally I've never seen it unless it becomes relevant. Same with people still bringing up Stevens hit on Kariya, but that always happens when it becomes relevant, like that recent article about Kariya. People bring up those hits for all the right reasons, there's no reason for anyone who cheered for Anaheim at that point not to hold a massive grudge since it was such a big deal, same with Forsberg. Its completely beyond me why people expect other people to just forget those things, and what's funny is that people that comment like you seem more upset about people bringing it up than people who bring up the hit.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Very sneaky and a lot of trickery being used in that last post like so many posts have contained here to try to brush off what is going on in the Swedish hockey culture with the victims mentality these days, please provide me "evidence"

Smoke and mirrors, I can't believe anyone would buy this except over the top homers.

Well now it would be pretty f***in hard and tedious to go through all the threads here over the years that contain posts where swedish posters brought up that Neidermayer-Forsberg incident,that would take some incredible amount of time and work wouldn't it? anything else you would like the guy to do?..........cure cancer in the next 15 minutes?

But To have all the evidence you need to know he's bang on is to just have hanged around here for a few years and actually followed numerous threads where canada and sweden in hockey have been discussed and in gdts in international games involving those two teams and you would have all the evidence required. We know they keep bringing this up because we have seen them do it with regularity over the years, we remember it.

And I can't help but laugh when it is said it is only brought up when it is relevant, relevant to who? Swedish fans? See, thats the thing, anything can be and is used to justify bringing up that incident as relevant. Sweden get's a couple of penalties they aren't happy with? it's relevant to bring it up. One of their players takes a hard hit by a canadian player? it's relevant to bring it up Sweden loses the game against canada? it's relevant, some Canadian players happens to pass gas on the ice? it's relevant.

The fact that something like that which happened ages ago keeps being brought up tells a person all they need to know about the mindset. Of course only when it is "relevant" Funny though, it seems to be relevant oh so often!!

And thats the point, they won't give it up no matter the passage of time or regardless of whether their own players have delivered questionable hits of their own over time(which they have) There are no angels in international hockey but to listen to them you would think Sweden is and everyone else,especially Canada, is dirty and bad and has done them wrong.

They've been cheated..................of course.

I don't know what to tell ya, the fans think they have been cheated left and right, they've got former players brought in as analysts who before big games are talking about how the team sweden will be facing are capable of diving and cheating to try to win hockey games, you've got their young stars like dahlin whining after a game about how the other team dived and guys throwing their silver medal into the stands because they are a sore loser, you've got the media blowing smoke all over the place about how Sweden was cheated. The whole hockey culture is just infected with this shit.

It doesn't look good on them, they gotta get rid of it.

Last edited:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
So now you're stereotyping an entire nation in order to keep up the facade of you being persecuted by Forsberg. Get a new hobby and stop trolling Swedes on the boards.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Very sneaky and a lot of trickery being used in that last post like so many posts have contained here to try to brush off what is going on in the Swedish hockey culture with the victims mentality these days, please provide me "evidence"

Smoke and mirrors, I can't believe anyone would buy this except over the top homers.

Well now it would be pretty ****in hard and tedious to go through all the threads here over the years that contain posts where swedish posters brought up that Neidermayer-Forsberg incident,that would take some incredible amount of time and work wouldn't it? anything else you would like the guy to do?..........cure cancer in the next 15 minutes?

But To have all the evidence you need to know he's bang on is to just have hanged around here for a few years and actually followed numerous threads where canada and sweden in hockey have been discussed and in gdts in international games involving those two teams and you would have all the evidence required. We know they keep bringing this up because we have seen them do it with regularity over the years, we remember it.

And I can't help but laugh when it is said it is only brought up when it is relevant, relevant to who? Swedish fans? See, thats the thing, anything can be and is used to justify bringing up that incident as relevant. Sweden get's a couple of penalties they aren't happy with? it's relevant to bring it up. One of their players takes a hard hit by a canadian player? it's relevant to bring it up Sweden loses the game against canada? it's relevant, some Canadian players happens to pass gas on the ice? it's relevant.

The fact that something like that which happened ages ago keeps being brought up tells a person all they need to know about the mindset. Of course only when it is "relevant" Funny though, it seems to be relevant oh so often!!

And thats the point, they won't give it up no matter the passage of time or regardless of whether their own players have delivered questionable hits of their own over time(which they have) There are no angels in international hockey but to listen to them you would think Sweden is and everyone else,especially Canada, is dirty and bad and has done them wrong.

They've been cheated..................of course.

I don't know what to tell ya, the fans think they have been cheated left and right, they've got former players brought in as analysts who before big games are talking about how the team sweden will be facing are capable of diving and cheating to try to win hockey games, you've got their young stars like dahlin whining after a game about how the other team dived and guys throwing their silver medal into the stands because they are a sore loser, you've got the media blowing smoke all over the place about how Sweden was cheated. The whole hockey culture is just infected with this ****.

It doesn't look good on them, they gotta get rid of it.
You are ranting about "victim-loser mentality" in a thread about Forsberg aka. Mr. Clutch, aka. a player known to get tougher and better when the going got tough, aka a winner of everything in hockey.. You are the loser here , from the get go

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You are ranting about "victim-loser mentality" in a thread about Forsberg aka. Mr. Clutch, aka. a player known to get tougher and better when the going got tough, aka a winner of everything in hockey.. You are the loser here , from the get go

Forsberg was a winner, i don't question that, he also lost plenty times too though. He's always been running his mouth, right back to his days in junior where he said Sweden was going to beat Canada and that they weren't very good. He ended up getting sand kicked in his face though and it wouldn't be the last time.

But Peter being a great competitor and player has nothing to do with something being rotten to the core in terms of a victim mentality in Swedish hockey at the moment, but you go ahead and keep up the delusion, you will and are the loser from the get go by doing that.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
So now you're stereotyping an entire nation in order to keep up the facade of you being persecuted by Forsberg. Get a new hobby and stop trolling Swedes on the boards.

I am not trolling you, it is very evident that this is going on in swedish hockey circles at all levels these days.
I am pointing it out, thats all. You can't deal with it is the problem, but thats your problem not anyone elses.

This was a thread about Peters comments and I am commenting on them and how his comments highlight a bigger problem that is going on with your hockey mindset at all levels, that ain't trolling.

Keep doing it and keep enjoying the results is all I can say.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Yeah I was just thinking about that, why would Forsberg have a victim mentality when he's as succesful as you can get. Or why would Swedish fans have one for that matter, we're doing good as a hockey country, aren't we?

That's the passive-aggressive bit I'm talking about; saying we have a "loser mentality" implies that we're not successful, which we are.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Choose to ignore whats going on if you wish, thats your guys call.

I will do you all a favor then, I have said my peace on this and I won't comment on it anymore here.

I will just keep watching this roll on with each successive tournament and see how it all pans out.

It's going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad