Confirmed with Link: Peter DeBoer named new head coach. Gerard Gallant, & Mike Kelly out.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'm sure he wasn't all that surprised but he won't air dirty laundry in the open and will handle it with class.

Great coach, great man.

These guys are paid millions to act professional like this. If he acted differently some would notice and it could lengthen his unemployment. As it is we all wish we got millions to sit out and wait our next job.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It really does feel like this whole downward spiral started when Fleurys dad passed away.

Is the two connected? Who knows, but Fleury has been letting in 3+ goals a game for many games now.

Now it is not all his fault cause the defense sure as shit hasn't helped him.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It really does feel like this whole downward spiral started when Fleurys dad passed away.

Is the two connected? Who knows, but Fleury has been letting in 3+ goals a game for many games now.

Now it is not all his fault cause the defense sure as **** hasn't helped him.
I do think it is a big factor. Didn't Flower see a sports psychologist back in his earlier days, so it wouldn't surprise me with his dads passing it being tough to get back into the game mentally. Again it's not all Fleury or defense has been trash, but I do think it is a big factor.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I do think it is a big factor. Didn't Flower see a sports psychologist back in his earlier days, so it wouldn't surprise me with his dads passing it being tough to get back into the game mentally. Again it's not all Fleury or defense has been trash, but I do think it is a big factor.

And that is why the Knights need a competent back up.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I actually think Fleury has looked better recently. It’s hard to allow less than 3 goals when your team can’t play defense. I thought Boston should have scored at least 5.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They were built around Gallant's coaching. Heavy focus on lunchpail work ethic and strong possession forwards with a speedier backend than a Tijuana tourist. You have to also have some very timely saves.

If they want to deviate from this and they're not getting the goaltending, they need a sturdier defense and better on special teams.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

So, who's lying by saying he was or wasn't offered a contract?

I didn't want Perron back when I thought he would cost over 5M for 6 years but at 4M for 4 years? Even 4.5M? I would have welcomed him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad