Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How’s Heinen steady his season last year on the heels of 47 points was terrible until he got bumped to the first line he was as culpable as Donato. Clearly 3rd best player on the line in the playoffs.

He’s a legit NHLer with offense on a reasonable deal for 2 years. That’s it.

Points isn't the only way a player can "steady"

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How’s Heinen steady his season last year on the heels of 47 points was terrible until he got bumped to the first line he was as culpable as Donato. Clearly 3rd best player on the line in the playoffs.

He’s a legit NHLer with offense on a reasonable deal for 2 years. That’s it.

So he's a legit NHLer but you didn't include him? What lmao.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Honestly, I'm far from the hate Heinen club but I'm also far from the Heinen fan boy club! Hes shown offensive abilities in his first 6 months in the NHL then largely has been just fair! I am hoping for big things for him but I label him this far as an unknown and consistently inconsistent

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Honestly, I'm far from the hate Heinen club but I'm also far from the Heinen fan boy club! Hes shown offensive abilities in his first 6 months in the NHL then largely has been just fair! I am hoping for big things for him but I label him this far as an unknown and consistently inconsistent

He's proven to be a player good for at least 35+ points who plays sound two way hockey. He's perfect on a 3rd line if that's all he is. I just don't see how he's an unknown at this point.
He's also shown he can move up and down a lineup and be effective.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Let’s see how he does this year hopefully the brutal first half of last season was just a speed bump. But if you can use him to get Hall as a rental and not add too much and push the chips in just gotta do it.

I think Bjork is better but he gets hurt every year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Let’s see how he does this year hopefully the brutal first half of last season was just a speed bump. But if you can use him to get Hall as a rental and not add too much and push the chips in just gotta do it.

I think Bjork is better but he gets hurt every year.

Bjork isn't better until he proves it. How can you think he's better? Lol

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He’s been hurt. Not playing bad ineffective hockey. Heinens been in the lineup no disputing that.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
He's proven to be a player good for at least 35+ points who plays sound two way hockey. He's perfect on a 3rd line if that's all he is. I just don't see how he's an unknown at this point.
He's also shown he can move up and down a lineup and be effective.
I'm not really in argue mode, I'll just say he had a solid rookie campaign but followed it up with a brutal 2nd year where his stats got inflated playing with Bergy and Marshy. I root for all Bruins so I hope he puts up 40-50 points but I'm skeptical. Also the reason I believe he gets debated so much is some crazy over value him and some crazy under value him. I'd say let's give him the season before we really know what he is?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm not really in argue mode, I'll just say he had a solid rookie campaign but followed it up with a brutal 2nd year where his stats got inflated playing with Bergy and Marshy. I root for all Bruins so I hope he puts up 40-50 points but I'm skeptical. Also the reason I believe he gets debated so much is some crazy over value him and some crazy under value him. I'd say let's give him the season before we really know what he is?
When he played on the 1st line and on the 2nd line, those two line combinations had the two highest CorsiFor % ratings of any line that played 70 minutes or more together, so let's not pretend that he was some scrub riding their coattails. He can plug in and do fine on either line, without being a detriment to the line. Not sure I'd call his sophomore campaign "brutal", but he definitely was not as productive as his first year.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
When he played on the 1st line and on the 2nd line, those two line combinations had the two highest CorsiFor % ratings of any line that played 70 minutes or more together, so let's not pretend that he was some scrub riding their coattails. He can plug in and do fine on either line, without being a detriment to the line. Not sure I'd call his sophomore campaign "brutal", but he definitely was not as productive as his first year.
A 40 some year old Recchi played with Bergy and Marshy as well and looked great. Again, I hope he puts up 50-60-70 points but both parties on this site over value and under value him. Let's see what he brings in 19-20 and save the Heinen debate for the off season. Let's go Bruins

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don’t dislike like him. I just don’t see him as a regular on a contending team. It’s like he’s just missing an extra gear.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It's just him not being able to play with the pace needed in the NHL consistently enough. Maybe another situation would allow him to have more success?

He was effective his first game up...not so much this game. His pace continues to be his only question mark - the dude can read plays, score, make nifty passes with ease, play the boards, check...

TBH I thought he was a right off until such time he showed up with a vengeance in Providence.

Thinking we need to see a few more games before final judgement. Like many, perhaps it's time for a new scenery.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It's just him not being able to play with the pace needed in the NHL consistently enough. Maybe another situation would allow him to have more success?

Absolutely.

Since leaving Providence/our organization castoff Kenny Agostino played in 63 NHL games last season and inked a 2 year 1 way contract this summer.

He'll get a shot.

We'll see how the roster shakes out when Miller and Moore come off LTIR we might be losing guys to waivers. Its becoming clear to me we are the best team in the NHL so I no longer think we 'need' to make that big trade for a second liner and am warming up to keeping Backes around as 13th F. If we need to put 33 upstairs for Lauzen or Urho at some point having some company in 42 could ease that move.

But honestly I kind of like the Ritchie/Cehlarik/Kuhlman trio for that last spot in the lineup even if its on the second line with DK and JDB.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely.

Since leaving Providence/our organization castoff Kenny Agostino played in 63 NHL games last season and inked a 2 year 1 way contract this summer.

He'll get a shot.

We'll see how the roster shakes out when Miller and Moore come off LTIR we might be losing guys to waivers. Its becoming clear to me we are the best team in the NHL so I no longer think we 'need' to make that big trade for a second liner and am warming up to keeping Backes around as 13th F. If we need to put 33 upstairs for Lauzen or Urho at some point having some company in 42 could ease that move.

But honestly I kind of like the Ritchie/Cehlarik/Kuhlman trio for that last spot in the lineup even if its on the second line with DK and JDB.

:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad