Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
In tonight's SHL opener, Peter Cehlarik scored two goals and one assist for Leksand. His team came back from 1-4 to 4-4 against Skelleftea, but fell in OT.

Cehlarik skated on a line with fellow Slovak countryman Marek Hrivik (2 assists) and another former Bruins prospect, Carter Camper, who noted 1 assist.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Honestly forgot this guy existed. If he were only a step faster he'd be a serviceable NHL'er.

I know, I know, if onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then everyday would be Erntedankfest.

He'll be skating for some NHL team if the Bruins don't qualify him, or if they do and trade his rights. I think there is a NHL player there, even with his slightly slow footspeed.

member 96824

Honestly forgot this guy existed. If he were only a step faster he'd be a serviceable NHL'er.

I know, I know, if onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then everyday would be Erntedankfest.

BrainofJ, Boston branch. I just want to say that I have been standing in this line all day and if this line is any indication of how this team is being run then we are in big trouble

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
BrainofJ, Boston branch. I just want to say that I have been standing in this line all day and if this line is any indication of how this team is being run then we are in big trouble
Cehlarik looked like more of an NHLer in Boston than either Ritchie, that’s for sure.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just Imagine.

Cehlarik - Koko - JFK.
Gabrielle - Spooner - Knight

odds of a second round pick per Brian Burke playing 246 NHL regular season games the equivalent of 3 NHL seasons is 22%.

One in five do that Spooner did it and is in the KHL playing very well as his teams best offensive player as he tries to get another chance back here

JFK still 23 so who knows if he comes back.

I 100% expect Cehlarik back in the NHL somewhere

knight is in medical school

Koko in the KHL

Gabrielle no idea what he’s doing

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Clubs have until 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 7 to submit qualifying offers to their respective RFAs. Free agency opens Oct. 9 at 12 p.m. ET, at which point RFAs become eligible to sign their qualifying offer — or offer sheets. (Qualifying offers expire on Oct. 18.)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I always felt that Cehlarik's slightly slower, more deliberate style better suited the east-west game and the bigger European rinks. So does Krejci's, but he's so ridiculously talented and smart that he's made it work in the NHL. I think Cehlarik could too, in the right team, but I suspect he'd he happier plying his trade in Europe. If he wants to chase more $$$ I can see him coming back to North America for a final shot, otherwise he may just stay and build a career closer to home.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
odds of a second round pick per Brian Burke playing 246 NHL regular season games the equivalent of 3 NHL seasons is 22%.

One in five do that Spooner did it and is in the KHL playing very well as his teams best offensive player as he tries to get another chance back here

JFK still 23 so who knows if he comes back.

I 100% expect Cehlarik back in the NHL somewhere

knight is in medical school

Koko in the KHL

Gabrielle no idea what he’s doing

Gabrielle is playing fortnite right now

Reactions: Dr Hook

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i really wish bruce gave the cehlarik krejci pasta line a chance.
he was just always stuck with that top line staying put with no other solid second line

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
i really wish bruce gave the cehlarik krejci pasta line a chance.
he was just always stuck with that top line staying put with no other solid second line

I believe he gave them one shift.

Cassidy wants hungry fast puck pursuing players. Not Cehlarik's strength. I'm more curious to see if the bruins qualify him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe he gave them one shift.

Cassidy wants hungry fast puck pursuing players. Not Cehlarik's strength. I'm more curious to see if the bruins qualify him.

I think the quote Bruce used of him (and I think it is one of his favorites when asked why young guys get benched) "He needs to be harder on the puck"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad