Confirmed with Link: Peter Budaj traded to LA Kings for Andy Andreoff

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I highly doubt he plays for us. We might see him in the preseason to try him out on the fourth. Aside from that I don't think we will ever see him.

Reactions: The Macho Man

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Syracuse will have a much cheaper roster next year. Conda is gone, Dumont and Conacher have two way deals, A ton of rookies on low salaries and now they can get a backup who'll make a lot less than Budaj would've.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think this was more about doing good by Budaj. Hopefully he has as good a time with the Kings as he did last time. Better than being left for dead in Syracuse.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think this was more about doing good by Budaj.

I’m thinking it’s mostly that, but I also think he can serve a useful role in camp as competition for guys like Erne, Joseph, and Stephens. I expect one or more of those guys to beat him out for a roster spot but it won’t hurt to make them earn it. Most likely he’ll end up in Syracuse as a veteran presence there and a guy with NHL experience we can call up in a pinch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I’m thinking it’s mostly that, but I also think he can serve a useful role in camp as competition for guys like Erne, Joseph, and Stephens. I expect one or more of those guys to beat him out for a roster spot but it won’t hurt to make them earn it. Most likely he’ll end up in Syracuse as a veteran presence there and a guy with NHL experience we can call up in a pinch.

We've had several guys in Syracuse in that role over the year, particularly quasi-goons, getting NHL time when needed, so I think that's probably the plan here.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
From the Kings board:

VeneratedAnchoredIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
andreoff is a fine 13th forward and budaj did nothing here. good deal. good for kings too as amadio etc are better than andreoff and budaj was good in la

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad