Peter Angelos passes away

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021

As a Orioles fan I dont know how to feel he bought the team and was part of the plans for camden yards and kept the team in Baltimore being a local guy and gave us some high payrolls in the late 90's then yankees and RSox started spending a ton with TV money (that led to the masn dispute) and spent what he could at the major league level salary wise trying to be competitive while ignoring the farm system and international scouting and that was a obvious disaster. He did a ton locally though all the while with chairty its definitely passed time for a new owner but I believe he was just old school and stubborn had his heart in the right place and he obviously has friends and family and my heart and prayers go out to them and baltimore the city will miss him and most orioles fans take him for granted. R.I.P. Mr. Angelos

Sep 19, 2008
As a Orioles fan I dont know how to feel he bought the team and was part of the plans for camden yards and kept the team in Baltimore being a local guy and gave us some high payrolls in the late 90's then yankees and RSox started spending a ton with TV money (that led to the masn dispute) and spent what he could at the major league level salary wise trying to be competitive while ignoring the farm system and international scouting and that was a obvious disaster. He did a ton locally though all the while with chairty its definitely passed time for a new owner but I believe he was just old school and stubborn had his heart in the right place and he obviously has friends and family and my heart and prayers go out to them and baltimore the city will miss him and most orioles fans take him for granted. R.I.P. Mr. Angelos
he heavily meddled in affairs, fired or wanted fired those who were too critical of the team including Jon Miller, and his incompetence led to a playoff drought which the Orioles are just now recovering from.

not to mention his mismanagement of the nationals rights situation.

his legacy is very poor.

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
he heavily meddled in affairs, fired or wanted fired those who were too critical of the team including Jon Miller, and his incompetence led to a playoff drought which the Orioles are just now recovering from.

not to mention his mismanagement of the nationals rights situation.

his legacy is very poor.
I agree thats a very bad look and hated him for it he was the dan snyder of baseball and meddled to much but I believe his heart was in the right place he had a huge payroll in the 90s relative to the rest of the league then the big markets and TV contracts left them behind and was spending on washed up vets (palmeiro,sosa,lopez) while ignoring scouting and lucked into Andy McPhail swinging the Bedard and Tejada deal that then gave Duquette a found dation while horrible drafting it took to the kids to takeover which has been a adventure in its on tight to tear it down and put money into development but here we are.the team is in the process of being sold and he as a local baltimore guy bought and kept the team in baltimore and is responsible for one of the greatest ball parks in north america and did a lot for local chairty. While some people might celebrate this he was a family man first and a bit chairty giver. (Drinking forgive me for punctuation) and he does desvere a ton of flack but I believe he gets more then deserved and my family is in the funeral business so dont believe on finding the negatives in ones life when they have done more goods

Reactions: Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
at least angelos did what he could to try and field a winning team, unlike some other owners who don't care about winning. it won't always work, but at least you try. his two major f*** ups were not re-signing mussina and the chris davis contract

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
at least angelos did what he could to try and field a winning team, unlike some other owners who don't care about winning. it won't always work, but at least you try. his two major f*** ups were not re-signing mussina and the chris davis contract
Dont even get me started on Mussina Os fans are still pissed about that and occasionally run into the hall of fame hat discussion but the adam jones era orioles fans was a bit different and this group its mike who. Chris Davis that contract was horrible and there is a reason its a joke but a lot of people forget how scary chris davis was before the adderall suspension. The issue was already having a high strike out power hitter in davis and signing trumbo to a one year dear and led the Al in home runs and giving him a 3 year 30ish million deal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00