Prospect Info: Petan/Vehvilainen Not Qualified - Malgin/Duszak Qualified!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Confirmed by my friendly friends Cap Friendly:

I don't know what to say?

I wasn't happy about the Pitan trade, and it looks like the return for Lehtonen is not being offered (even though our goaltending depth has been ignored for a long time).

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Marchment was a 14:30 player for the Panthers in the playoffs. He was literally not a 4th liner for them. Of course Malgin got qualified despite a poor performance in his 8 game audition in 2019-20.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Confirmed by my friendly friends Cap Friendly:

I don't know what to say?

I wasn't happy about the Pitan trade, and it looks like the return for Lehtonen is not being offered (even though our goaltending depth has been ignored for a long time).

Vehvilainen would have been our 5th goalie at best... And that is excluding Kallgren. We are not lacking in goalie numbers right now (Hutch, Scott, Kallgren, and Woll), and VV sucked in North America. He was mostly brought in for taxi squad fodder so Woll could play on the Marlies full time. He fulfilled his duties.

Petan was quality depth for a while. He did not work out and we ultimately let him have another chance elsewhere. It's not like Par Lindholm really amounted to anything either.

We still have Malgin, who has an excellent shot at being this year's Suter/Kubalik out of the NLA. Duszak is nothing special but he is solid depth for the Marlies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marchment was a 14:30 player for the Panthers in the playoffs. He was literally not a 4th liner for them. Of course Malgin got qualified despite a poor performance in his 8 game audition in 2019-20.

He played a lot because Florida did not have other options. He actually did not do that well outside of his hot streak in the first 8 games (where he had 6 points), and he was not that good after his hot streak. Florida is counting on a lot of these one-hit wonders repeating their performances again next year.

I also find it very funny that people will judge Malgin off of an 8 game stretch, but ignore the fact that he put up near-PPG numbers in the NLA as a 24 year old last year (comparable to Suter, who put up a 0.5 PPG this year), is 2 years younger than Marchment right now, and had the same kind of offensive success that Marchment had in Florida this past year, but was 20-23 when he did it (not 26).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00