Petan signs contract...2 way deal?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I always pictured Petan as a Perreault replacement. Here's hoping that still occurs.
As long as petan and Dano are 13 and 14 Perreault can rest assured he won't leave till the 4 years are up.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I wonder if the two-way contract might also be motivator for Petan to play well and make the team out of training camp. I know everyone, including me, believes he would be picked up if he was sent down, but you never know for sure. So if he didn't perform and gets sent down, not only would he be playing in the AHL, but he would also be making far far less money.

Dunno, just a thought.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Link please.
Very surprised that only casual fans do not know this.

If you are motivated now try searching the 1290 archives or asking them to do it for you. Late for practices, sleeping in, tardiness and was scratched because of it. McCambridge was vocal about it and to people that know Petan and followed him it really was not a surprise.

To his credit he has not been chastised publicly the last 2 years but he also isn't a chipper Scheifele like player, not that he has to be that way of course.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Very surprised that only casual fans do not know this.

If you are motivated now try searching the 1290 archives or asking them to do it for you. Late for practices, sleeping in, tardiness and was scratched because of it. McCambridge was vocal about it and to people that know Petan and followed him it really was not a surprise.

To his credit he has not been chastised publicly the last 2 years but he also isn't a chipper Scheifele like player, not that he has to be that way of course.

Kind of redundant, thrice repeating the same action with different words.

There was a single occurrence back in January 2016 that I'm aware of. Petan was late for a practice claiming his alarm didn't go off. He was benched for a one game, to my knowledge the only time he's been healthy scratched in the AHL.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

There was a single occurrence back in January 2016 to my knowledge. Petan was late for a practice claiming his alarm didn't go off. He was benched for a one game, to my knowledge the only time he's been healthy scratched in the AHL.

If that is what happened then it isn't a big deal. He made a mistake and paid the price and learned from it. Players like Ovie and Seguin have also been suspended for the same thing.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

There was a single occurrence back in January 2016 to my knowledge. Petan was late for a practice claiming his alarm didn't go off. He was benched for a one game, to my knowledge the only time he's been healthy scratched in the AHL.
Yes, I remember this one incident. And now that turns into bad attitude and sleeping in and late all the time? That was one incident two years ago, him and another player slept in and got benched.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Last edited:

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
As long as petan and Dano are 13 and 14 Perreault can rest assured he won't leave till the 4 years are up.
Maybe If you ignore the existence of the salary cap. Even with Myers off the books the Jets will be forced to cut up to $10 mill from the roster next summer.

Last edited:

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
There's nothing wrong with posters bringing up the past, but why not simply lay out the facts as they occurred? @kittiecarlyle

You gain lot of credibility when you do so.

Anyways I'm assuming this is what he was referring to. No need to go digging thru the 1290 archives when that'll simply be radio jocks giving their spin on this story.

WATCH: Manitoba Moose Nic Petan and Jan Kostalek hope to return after getting benched

Wow...after reading this stunning article I'm surprised he still has a job. clearly a chronic attitude problem and lazy to boot!!!!!:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016

More accurately indicative of not a great attitude and discipline. It was also noted that he was scratched because it was not a singular episode.

It was also pointed out that he was spoken too about this behavior prior to being scratched. So yeah nothing public has come out since then about the same issues, but to not acknowledge he didn't have the best attitude is completely warranted.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
There's nothing wrong with posters bringing up the past, but why not simply lay out the facts as they occurred? @kittiecarlyle

You gain lot of credibility when you do so.

Anyways I'm assuming this is what he was referring to. No need to go digging thru the 1290 archives when that'll simply be radio jocks giving their spin on this story.

WATCH: Manitoba Moose Nic Petan and Jan Kostalek hope to return after getting benched
It was his head coach speaking about why the action took place and also the overall impression his attitude and decisions were making. If anyone thinks it was not something taken as a negative that is their choice of course, however it was a pattern.

Also in the interview McCambridge mentioned that Petan was told by his team mate it was time to get going and he had to leave without Petan more than once which caused Petan to be late. It is what it was, not a good attitude at the time. So the initial comment that led to this is accurate and not fabricated.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
More accurately indicative of not a great attitude and discipline. It was also noted that he was scratched because it was not a singular episode.

It was also pointed out that he was spoken too about this behavior prior to being scratched. So yeah nothing public has come out since then about the same issues, but to not acknowledge he didn't have the best attitude is completely warranted.

It was his head coach speaking about why the action took place and also the overall impression his attitude and decisions were making. If anyone thinks it was not something taken as a negative that is their choice of course, however it was a pattern.

Also in the interview McCambridge mentioned that Petan was told by his team mate it was time to get going and he had to leave without Petan more than once which caused Petan to be late. It is what it was, not a good attitude at the time. So the initial comment that led to this is accurate and not fabricated.

Links to such stories are always appreciated. Other people shouldn't have to substantiate someone else's post.

Not doubting their validity, but it sure strengthens your position if a little time is put into a post, particularly one that is intended to cast doubt on a players work ethic & integrity.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I took the time to go over the Moose posted line-up tweets the last 1/4 of the regular season & the playoffs.

You often have to take these tweets with a grain of salt as even at the NHL level, some scribes give little regard to LW vs. RW.

With that said, these reports had Petan equally split playing LW & RW & there were no games over the 30+ I looked at that listed him playing centre.

Thanks...so much for that idea. So it's Scheifele-Roslovic-Little-Lowry down the middle or Scheifele-Little-Lowry-Copp. I like the first one better.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks...so much for that idea. So it's Scheifele-Roslovic-Little-Lowry down the middle or Scheifele-Little-Lowry-Copp. I like the first one better.

I'd tend to agree. That Copp-Lowry-Tanev line was so good last year...so much so it's been a nearly unanimous roster projection anywhere you look.

With Perreault no longer able to take face-offs with regularity due to aggravating his back, there's really no other options with the roster other than playing Roslovic at centre.

It would have been nice for Jack to have played that role with regularity last season. His play at wing both at the AHL & NHL levels could be interpreted as Copp getting the nod instead, but I'd agree with you the most likely scenario is Jack at centre ice, initially in a sheltered role.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Does anyone else remember the one game Petan got to play with Scheifele and Wheeler in the 2016-2017 season?

He had about 4 grade A chances, but didn't score. I think he got an assist. He looked really good on that line though.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Does anyone else remember the one game Petan got to play with Scheifele and Wheeler in the 2016-2017 season?

He had about 4 grade A chances, but didn't score. I think he got an assist. He looked really good on that line though.
Yup. The only time he played around 19 minutes. He did look great. I think he's more well rounded now and the AHL seasoning wasn't bad for him. All players progress at different rates. I'm hoping they give him a chance in camp with good linemates to show what he can do.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup. The only time he played around 19 minutes. He did look great. I think he's more well rounded now and the AHL seasoning wasn't bad for him. All players progress at different rates. I'm hoping they give him a chance in camp with good linemates to show what he can do.

There are less bad options now (as we speak) and its making it tougher for PMo to chunk this one.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Links to such stories are always appreciated. Other people shouldn't have to substantiate someone else's post.

Not doubting their validity, but it sure strengthens your position if a little time is put into a post, particularly one that is intended to cast doubt on a players work ethic & integrity.
If it was done recently then a link to the interview is pretty routine, however this information is not unknown to most non casual Jets fans.

The comments indicating surprise or lack of this knowledge reflect more on that then needing links to very public interviews that detailed issues with behavior. The question was asked and answered and the information is accurate. Not hearsay or opinion, actual comments made by his coach and teammates. Comments very well known to those who follow the team closely. Which as we all know are many.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
If it was done recently then a link to the interview is pretty routine, however this information is not unknown to most non casual Jets fans.

The comments indicating surprise or lack of this knowledge reflect more on that then needing links to very public interviews that detailed issues with behavior. The question was asked and answered and the information is accurate. Not hearsay or opinion, actual comments made by his coach and teammates. Comments very well known to those who follow the team closely. Which as we all know are many.

That you can't seem to provide a link from a credible source? I remember him being scratched for sleeping in, but I definitely do not recall anything to the extent you are making it out to be... and I'm no casual Jet fan, so you can gtfo of here with that nonsense.

Reactions: garret9 and Duke749
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I spend several hours each day talking hockey here, as many do including others who hadn't heard squat about this including @surixon and @puck stoppa or @SLAYER . I doubt think they consider themselves casual fans.

If I'm in the car 1290 is generally on & I've heard no noise there either. The Athletic, The Free Press, The Sun, are all silent on this matter. Even blogs from Arctic Ice Hockey or threads shared by Illegal Curve have zero information on this. Apparently this is "all up on 1290"...are you referring to call-in shows? If this has occurred at all I'd suggest your information is coming from the literal "casual fans" who call in to these shows as your source.

You allege that Petan has been "late for practices"...that's pluralized.

Players late for team scheduled meetings & practices aren't "chastized internally" as you suggest. They'd be disciplined in the most public manner possible and immediately benched. Petan being a healthy scratch on the Moose would be news. Rather he played 61 AHL games & 12 NHL games & was a healthy scratch in Winnipeg for several games once Kyle Connor was called up. That doesn't sound like him being disciplined.

Petan has been displicined once...for being late to one practice in January of 2016.

As for you speculating on other "attitude problems" the fact that you insist he's constantly late & missing practices is a falsehood, so why would we believe your allegations about attitude problems?

Links please. No more speculation.

EDIT: A quote from a "casual fan" calling in to 1290 calling in to echo your comment won't be accepted. It would likely have been you doing the calling...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If only you people paid more attention to the Jets and their prospects... :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I went searching through the HF Jets posts and if there was anything more than a 1 game scratch for Petan being late in January 2016, I couldn't find it. There was a mention of Kostalek being late multiple times but not Petan. If McCambridge or Petan's teammates had said in an interview that it was a recurring issue, you'd think it would've made the boards here...

Reactions: garret9

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A team could do worse than having Dano and Petan battling for the last roster spot.

Reactions: Jimby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad