Rumor: Petan on the market?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This whole Hyman LTIR situation is starting to look more troubling to me. If my math is right, to activate Hyman today would require dropping $2.4m AAV in contracts. The only way to do that now with only smaller contracts is to include Mikheyev, which I doubt the Leafs want to do.

Some player, whether that’s Petan, Marincin or someone else needs to be off the roster ASAP so activating Hyman doesn’t become even worse.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He looked blah when he played with Tavares. Hope he gets a chance somewhere else. He needs a year playing 3rd line centre on a team that can give him a year to develop. He is not a 4th liner for sure.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
FYI..

In case not everyone is aware but TSN Thats Hockey last week had a full report on Petan..

Last year Nic Petan's father committed suicide.. It was shockingly unexpected and a real tragedy for the family and it has derailed Petan career and life as he struggles to overcome the loss.

September 18th, 2018, twenty-four year old forward Nic Petan was attending training camp for the Winnipeg Jets. During the camp to prepare for the 18-19 season, Petan received the worst news. He learned his father Franc had died by suicide. As the reality of this horrific incident set in, the young forward shut down. Needing time on his own to process the weight of this event, he moved away.

" I didn't know what to do", Petan revealed to Rick Westhead, "I just felt like I needed some time to process it... I still can't process it so..."

Petan, who did return for some ice time in the 18-19 season, saw only 13 games by the trade deadline. He was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs on February 25, 2019. Less than a month later, the young forward signed a two-year extension with the Leafs.

It seems as though Petan was finding a fresh start in Toronto, however the anguish of losing his father to mental illness was still very fresh. This past summer, he and his brother Alex raised money for the Franc Petan charity, which helps those suffering from mental illness. Nic and his family also opened up about their grief through the heartfelt TSN Original - 'Franc'. A must see piece, in which the Petan family creates a legacy and pays tribute to their beloved Franc.

Anyone interested can see the video here as a TSN exclusive. https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-originals/video/tsn-original-franc~1810196

no one should have to go through this s**t.

Reactions: Erdinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad