Injury Report: Pesce (Shoulder) - "Out Long Term"

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I wonder if the Canes plan with Bean is to preserve a year of his contract. I thought it was odd they never brought Necas back up last year. Necas will be on his ELC still in the 21-22 season, which wouldn't have been the case if they brought him up last year down the stretch.

Necas or McKegg and 4-8 million in cap space in 21-22.

Bean or whoever plus ??? million in cap space in 22-23.

They do have a lot of options with Priskie, Forsling, Bean, Keane, and Claussen. Forsling seems to be having a pretty well-rounded season statwise with 8g 24p, and +21 to lead the dmen.

According to CapFriendly, Bean has one more year of ELC left and that’s regardless of where he plays next year. There’s no realized benefit of not calling him up this year like there was with Necas.

I want to see the some of the Clt guys given a shot, but unless they completely strike out on trades today, I don’t see that happening unless there’s another injury.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
According to CapFriendly, Bean has one more year of ELC left and that’s regardless of where he plays next year. There’s no realized benefit of not calling him up this year like there was with Necas.

I want to see the some of the Clt guys given a shot, but unless they completely strike out on trades today, I don’t see that happening unless there’s another injury.
Yup, Bean slided his allowed max of two years in 2016-18 and has been burning his ELC already in last season.

Other than having to pay him NHL pay instead of AHL pay, there's nothing to prevent him being played. Even his bonuses are (uncharacteristically for Canes) regular Schedule A Performance Bonuses, not a Games Played Bonus where he would hit a considerable amount of extra money after 10 or so games.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Yup, Bean slided his allowed max of two years in 2016-18 and has been burning his ELC already in last season.

Other than having to pay him NHL pay instead of AHL pay, there's nothing to prevent him being played. Even his bonuses are (uncharacteristically for Canes) regular Schedule A Performance Bonuses, not a Games Played Bonus where he would hit a considerable amount of extra money after 10 or so games.

They used the "no room at the inn" excuse for Gauthier, which was questionable with guys like Dzingel, Nino, Wallmark and McGinn struggling and deserving a night off. I wonder what excuse they'll use for our AHL d-men, since we obviously need at least one of them. Starting to get frustrating. Especially looking around the league at all the kids getting shots, and not just on bad teams. Hell, the Rangers are better than we are right now and they have four guys who couldn't crack our lineup from the AHL.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
They used the "no room at the inn" excuse for Gauthier, which was questionable with guys like Dzingel, Nino, Wallmark and McGinn struggling and deserving a night off. I wonder what excuse they'll use for our AHL d-men, since we obviously need at least one of them. Starting to get frustrating. Especially looking around the league at all the kids getting shots, and not just on bad teams. Hell, the Rangers are better than we are right now and they have four guys who couldn't crack our lineup from the AHL.

They're going to be polite about it. Gauthier had flashes, but he couldn't finish in preseason and his stint. And the rest of the time he wasn't great. Dzingle and Nieds struggling are still 40 point players.

To break in as a guy who isn't a sure thing offensively, I think you need to kill penalties. The guys who've had spots, Wallmark, McGinn, and Foegele.

Guathier was trying to go the PDG route. And it's just not the way to go on a deep team that's trying to win now.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Dag nab it. Canes go from very good depth on D and goal to get two 1A/1B starters injured, our #1 RHD and a top pairing RHD injured. THREE in the same game. Crazy bad news.

On the bright side, this "next man up" mentality with Brindy at coach could have callups playing out of their minds. Ice time is very, very precious for young players under this coach, and here is an opportunity with a golden platter. How they respond will determine if we make or miss the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->