perttu lindgren sent back to finland!!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
the dallas starts have sent center perttu lindgren back to ilves in the fiinish elite league:shakehead. i was really looking forward to see how he could do in the NHL/AHL this season.:banghead:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
ok i didnt konw that. i have heard talks about him making the team allready this season.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
I am not to familiar with the Stars orginization, so I never heard of this prospect before. But, I do know this about the Stars, they sure love Finnish players.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
the dallas starts have sent center perttu lindgren back to ilves in the fiinish elite league:shakehead. i was really looking forward to see how he could do in the NHL/AHL this season.:banghead:

There's a clause in his contract that allows him to return to Finland if he doesn't make the Stars. He wasn't going to beat out Modano or Lindros for a top 2 line center spot, so this is the right move for him.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He'll be back in Finland this season, so we won't see him over here til next year. Hopefully he progresses and impresses enough to make the team next season. I don't know a whole lot about his style of play, though.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
anyone have insight for me on this guy? heard he's good for his age, not sure about much else.... stars fans got anything to say?

You will probably get more responses on the Finland board, since most Stars fans have only seen him a few days in prospect camp, a few days in training camp, and one preseason game. He did however put up terrific numbers in the Finnish league for an 18 year old(37 points in 51 games). By comparison, Nicklas Backstrom(the 4th overall pick in the last draft) scored 26 points in 46 games in Sweden, and Backstrom is all of 3 months younger that Lindgren.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad