Persona Series

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Getting ready to send the calling card on the 3rd palace. This one seemed to give me a lot of trouble. Including the calling card it took up 4 days the other 2 palaces I was able to do in 3. I think there is an SP item you can get from a confidant that makes SP trivial, so I'll make sure to get that before the 4th palace.

Befriending the doctor at the clinic gets you access to SP restoring accessories. Definitely something something to focus on ASAP if you want to make things easier.

I found the first palace to be the toughest because it was the only one I did without her gear.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I posted this when the game came out, but yea: how to be good at Persona 5

Reactions: H3ckt1k

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I posted this when the game came out, but yea: how to be good at Persona 5

The first woman that I tried to get with

Also the only woman that I pushed the wrong button with, so I never got with her at all

Reactions: S E P H

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Into October in P4G now.

Shit is about it hit the fan, I can sense it.

I think I goofed a little in my time management. I've been maxed out on social stats for a while and am running out of things to do at night. :laugh:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Took a break for a little bit, but just started playing again over the last few days. Those SP trinkets you get from the Doc are a must. You can do any dungeon in a single day.

Just beat:
Futaba's
Palace with 22 days to spare. Is it true that I'm only half way? I've already got like 45 hours played.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Cautiously optimistic that Sega's recent foray into the PC market with Yakuza will expand to Atlus and Persona series

Honestly I doubt it. Sega pretty much leaves them alone and Atlus does things in their own weird way. They don't care about what the people want, especially Western gamers. This is a company publishing a Vita game in 2019.

Last edited:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Finally beat P5. Honestly, I can't say I loved it like the previous two games. I expected the characters and plot to be more interesting than they turned out to be and, at over 90 hours just to beat the story, it became kind of a chore to get through.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Took a break for a little bit, but just started playing again over the last few days. Those SP trinkets you get from the Doc are a must. You can do any dungeon in a single day.

Just beat:
Futaba's
Palace with 22 days to spare. Is it true that I'm only half way? I've already got like 45 hours played.
Halfway Sounds about right. And if I remember correctly the part after the 4th palace up to and including the 5th felt like it dragged on for a while.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Well, I got an ending in P4G. It made absolutely no sense. I realized that I got a dialogue option wrong apparently. I changed it ever so slightly, and now I'm playing further into the game.

It was such a minor change. Weird way of doing it.

I'd have been pretty upset if the game actually ended like that....

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I need to get back into my playthrough though by now I might need a hard refresher on stuff.

Think I was in the fifth palace and it was noticeably more difficult for me than the others.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Been thinking about replaying P4G again (because there certainly aren't any hour-intensive JRPGs out there I could be playing right now), but my Vita bit the dust yesterday.

In a few months time this will be the one game 'trapped' on the Vita for me thanks to so many Vita games getting PS4 ports...even Dancing All Night later this year.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Finished off P4G last night. Fantastic game, well worth the asking price of a PSTV.

I will say that I liked P5 better in almost every category, except for a slight edge to main characters in P4G. Still, top notch marks for both.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Finished off P4G last night. Fantastic game, well worth the asking price of a PSTV.

I will say that I liked P5 better in almost every category, except for a slight edge to main characters in P4G. Still, top notch marks for both.

After finishing Persona 5 for the second time this summer I figured "allright, Persona 5 rocks, I'll treat myself to a PSTV and start 4G"
I am now into August in Persona 4G, really enjoyable, I vastly prefer Shuffle Time over Shadow Negotiations, most of the characters are likeable, but right now I'm stuck on catching the river guardian for a Hermit Request and I just can't catch it :D. Dragon Quest XI seems more attractive by every failed attempt.
Overall thus far I slightly prefer 5 over 4G, but that might change once I get further into 4G

Reactions: Commander Clueless

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
After finishing Persona 5 for the second time this summer I figured "allright, Persona 5 rocks, I'll treat myself to a PSTV and start 4G"
I am now into August in Persona 4G, really enjoyable, I vastly prefer Shuffle Time over Shadow Negotiations, most of the characters are likeable, but right now I'm stuck on catching the river guardian for a Hermit Request and I just can't catch it :D. Dragon Quest XI seems more attractive by every failed attempt.
Overall thus far I slightly prefer 5 over 4G, but that might change once I get further into 4G
Oof - this hurts my soul as a long-term SMT fan.

Reactions: Vegeta

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, it's a matter of personal preference I guess - but I'd take the negotiation over Shuffle Time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->