Perry v Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transported Upstater

no name said:
I cant wait until Nash comes back. Zherdev is on all my fantasy teams and he's struggling. I thought he was a shoo in for 60 points.

Even though I like hockey and football equally, I never got into fantasy hockey and I LIVE fantasy football.

I think that's because hockey's not a sport I grew up with, whereas football is.

But I wonder...

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Zherdev...alone he is going to be magnificant, with Nash and Brule....i'll let you guys answer that 1!

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
KStewart113 said:
Zherdev...alone he is going to be magnificant, with Nash and Brule....i'll let you guys answer that 1!

Well Perry is going to be on the ice with Getzlaf and Lupul/Bobby Ryan for the next ten years so he is in good company too.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
no name said:
Nash, Brule, Zherdev>>>>>>>Lupol, Perry, Getzlaf in a land slide.

Bobby Ryan>=Brule
Lupul>=Zherdev
Nash>>>Perry or Getzlaf

Nash is the difference but otherwise its no landslide. I wouldn't trade Lupul, Ryan, Perry and Getz for Nash, Zherdev, Brule though. 4 for 3 trade and you don't know how good Bobby Ryan might end up. If Picard is in there then yeah.

Vic Rattlehead*

McDonald19 said:
Bobby Ryan>=Brule
Lupul>=Zherdev
Nash>>>Perry or Getzlaf

Nash is the difference but otherwise its no landslide. I wouldn't trade Lupul, Ryan, Perry and Getz for Nash, Zherdev, Brule though. 4 for 3 trade and you don't know how good Bobby Ryan might end up. If Picard is in there then yeah.

Zherdev will be better than Lupul.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Bobby Ryan>=Brule
Lupul>=Zherdev
Nash>>>Perry or Getzlaf

Zherdev is already equal to or better than Lupol. He is more talented and younger. He may not be scoring alot but who is he playing with? Nash, like you said isnt really close.

Randall Graves*

no name said:
Zherdev is already equal to or better than Lupol. He is more talented and younger. He may not be scoring alot but who is he playing with? Nash, like you said isnt really close.
how is zherdev already "equal or better"

who is lupul playing with? yesterday it was corey perry and he had three points.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
RallyKiller said:

who is lupul playing with? yesterday it was corey perry and he had three points.

Just comparing Zherdev's 03/04 year compared to Lupol so far this year tells the story. Lupol is finally coming around while Zherdev was already better than Lupol is now as a 19 year old rookie. This thread also is based on potential too so in my opinion Zherdev wins on both counts.

Sammy*

no name said:
Just comparing Zherdev's 03/04 year compared to Lupol so far this year tells the story. Lupol is finally coming around while Zherdev was already better than Lupol is now as a 19 year old rookie. This thread also is based on potential too so in my opinion Zherdev wins on both counts.
As we speak, Lupul is twice the player Zherdev is.
Its really not even close.

Randall Graves*

no name said:
how is 03-04 relevent to now? you said Zherdev was equal or better, right now and so far that is not the case.

Vic Rattlehead*

RallyKiller said:

Who is Zherdev playing with?

Argument can go both ways.

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
This whole discussion about who's better is ridiculous. How many games into the season are we? Each player mentioned brings something unique to their team. Its all apples and oranges.

Perry was great last night against the Blue Jackets. He's one of those guys who makes his teammates better because he's willing to do whatever it takes to score.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Any rookie can be great against the Blue Jackets, I haven't seen a team this disorganized and uninterested in a long time. Unfortuantly for Zherdev, he plays on said team, so he'll never get the chance to play against them. I shudder to think what Zherdev could do against the Jackets if he played for another team, he would shred the defensemen like few have.

Transported Upstater

Oz said:
Any rookie can be great against the Blue Jackets, I haven't seen a team this disorganized and uninterested in a long time. Unfortuantly for Zherdev, he plays on said team, so he'll never get the chance to play against them. I shudder to think what Zherdev could do against the Jackets if he played for another team, he would shred the defensemen like few have.

How's Alex Picard doing with my Crunch? Which line does Columbus see him playing on next year? (If he makes the team.)

Randall Graves*

19bruins19 said:
Who is Zherdev playing with?

Argument can go both ways.
and my point is Lupul doesn't have to be with an elite player to produce. Zherdev has more offensive potential but lupul right now is the better overall player.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
RallyKiller said:
how is 03-04 relevent to now? you said Zherdev was equal or better, right now and so far that is not the case.

The problem is that you're basing this comparison on only 4-5 games played. Right now Lupul and Perry are PLAYING better than Zherdev, but that doesn't mean they ARE better.

Lupul has recently been playing better than Sakic, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier and Lemieux - do you think he's better than those guys too? :shakehead

If nothing changes 50-60 games into the season, then you have a point --- but, taking everything into consideration, Lupul (or Perry) have not shown that they're on par with Zherdev (based on previous stats, potential, age, pure talent, etc.).

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
no name said:

no he is not. Zherdev is a soft shifty forward. Lupul drives the net throws hits and scores goals and his talent is underrated. I'd take Lupul on my team any day over Zherdev.

Sammy*

McDonald19 said:
no he is not. Zherdev is a soft shifty forward. Lupul drives the net throws hits and scores goals and his talent is underrated. I'd take Lupul on my team any day over Zherdev.
Possibly. Imo, there is no question Zherdev has more pure hockey talent. But Lupul imo has better hockey sense, is a harder worker, & is a very gifted goal scorer. Plus, (& I may get flamed for this) , the potential is there for Zherdev to be another one of those very talented, yet mercurial Russians who never seem to play up to their unlimited potential for long stretches.
I take Lupul (particularly now where the higher end Russians apparently have a viable option to play in the motherland).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad