Perry out long term

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Disaster. Major surgery for a guy who is a poor skater to begin with. Sucks to see guys injured in the pre-season. Gotta wonder if someone in Anaheim's medical team missed something at the end of the season. Also gotta wonder if Perry did something stupid in the offseason.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I still don't really get it.
What don't you get? He was skating alright this preseason. Had a game where he created a lot of chances. Then his knee popped in warmups.

Surgery and missing 5 months for a 33 year old player is always and will always be a last resort.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's a big 'ol get outta jail free card for Bob Murray. I'd expect them to be in on one of the Ottawa UFAs.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
What don't you get? He was skating alright this preseason. Had a game where he created a lot of chances. Then his knee popped in warmups.

Surgery and missing 5 months for a 33 year old player is always and will always be a last resort.
Your response led me to believe it was partially torn and they knew.

Waiting for it to pop fully when you have 4 months off is confusing.

It was clearly not "will it need surgery" rather "when will it need surgery".

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Unfortunate for him. With his career already on a bit of a downswing, one has to wonder how much more he has in the tank.

I suspect he’ll play out his contract at the very least.

Reactions: BHD

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
By the time he gets back, he'll be about 34 and coming off this injury. Definitely on the down-slope of his career here.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Dang - how much has his knee bothered him in the past? When I think of Perry, I think more about suffering blunt-force trauma in the crease and slot.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Your response led me to believe it was partially torn and they knew.

Waiting for it to pop fully when you have 4 months off is confusing.

It was clearly not "will it need surgery" rather "when will it need surgery".
Don't really know the details but I'm not sure this current injury is related to the problems he's been battling in recent seasons. I think the injury he sustained on Monday is pretty much brand new, but I could be wrong there

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Don't really know the details but I'm not sure this current injury is related to the problems he's been battling in recent seasons. I think the injury he sustained on Monday is pretty much brand new, but I could be wrong there
That would make more sense if the injury is new for sure.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
That's sad for him, and for the Ducks. I had him pegged as a huge bounceback candidate this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad