Perry/Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Is it me or is Crosby slowing down a bit lately. How many games has Crosby played in? He is only leading Perry by 2 points and Rimouski has played 24 vs. London's 19 and Perry has 16g 28a 44pts in 19 games. So Crosby has 46pts but in how many games? I know he missed a few due to injury.

And yes I know Perry is 2 years older than Perry, but does anyone think Perry will catch him in the scoring race this year? I think that if Perry doesn't make Canada Jr (which is a big possibility due to the return of the Nhlers and depth on Canada this year) he will have a good shot at taking the points lead and probably winning it.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Riggs said:
According to Hockeydb.com, Crosby has played in 20 games this season.

If thats the case:

Perry 44pts in 19 games = 2.32ppg
Crosby 46pts in 20 games = 2.30 ppg

Again i'm not saying Perry is better, I know he's 2 years older, do you think he can win the CHL scoring race? I do IF Perry is not on team canada jr team.

Didn't Crosby start the season w/ 18pts in 4 games = 4.50ppg
since:

28 pts in 16 games = 1.75 ppg IF he in fact started out w/ 18 in 4

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
trahans99 said:
If thats the case:

Perry 44pts in 19 games = 2.32ppg
Crosby 46pts in 20 games = 2.30 ppg

Again i'm not saying Perry is better, I know he's 2 years older, do you think he can win the CHL scoring race? I do IF Perry is not on team canada jr team.

Didn't Crosby start the season w/ 18pts in 4 games = 4.50ppg
since:

28 pts in 16 games = 1.75 ppg IF he in fact started out w/ 18 in 4
If Perry doesn't make the Canadian Jr. team and Crosby does, Perry should win the scoring title.

Perry simply has a better supporting cast.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
London has more balance and scoring punch to support Perry in Schremp, Hunter and Bolland to name a few. They have a very potent powerplay with so much balanced talent. Meanwhile, Crosby really is the focal point of the Oceanic, even with Roussin and Pouliot. As he goes, the team goes.

In terms of who will win the scoring race, I would bet on Crosby except for one factor - it remains to be seen whether Perry will make Canada's U-20 team (actually is he too old?). Crosby will probably miss quite a few games for that tourney and that might be the difference. I expect Crosby will finish the season with 140-150 points, so if Perry can beat that, hat's off to him. He's certainly capable of it.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Dr.Sens(e) said:
London has more balance and scoring punch to support Perry in Schremp, Hunter and Bolland to name a few. They have a very potent powerplay with so much balanced talent. Meanwhile, Crosby really is the focal point of the Oceanic, even with Roussin and Pouliot. As he goes, the team goes.

In terms of who will win the scoring race, I would bet on Crosby except for one factor - it remains to be seen whether Perry will make Canada's U-20 team (actually is he too old?). Crosby will probably miss quite a few games for that tourney and that might be the difference. I expect Crosby will finish the season with 140-150 points, so if Perry can beat that, hat's off to him. He's certainly capable of it.

Perry is eligible he's 19. Looks like i'm not the only one who thinks Perry may win the race. He does undoubtedly have the best supporting cast in CHL (Schremp, Bolland, Hunter ... the list goes on and on)

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Crosby took that ugly knee on knee hit too, and it wouldn't suprise me if he still wasn't 100%.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
dawgbone said:
Crosby took that ugly knee on knee hit too, and it wouldn't suprise me if he still wasn't 100%.

Thats what I was thinking. I was really hoping for Rimouski to make it to the MEM cup so I could watch him live.... but thats doubtful now as Rimouski isn't playing that great and has allowed the most goals by far.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think Perry has a great shot at winning it. I think Crosby could have alot more points though, sometimes his linemates just can't play with him. He's playing at a way higher level and it seems sometimes he makes unbelievable passes and they just aren't expecting it.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I dont think teams in the OHL focus on Corey Perry as much as teams in the QMJHL focus on Crosby. Of an OHL team were to try and shut down Perry with triple teams then that would leave the door open for another superstar...Robbie Schremp. Rimouski despite having Pouliot and Roussin, they arnt as dominant as Schremp in my opinion.

Crosby has slowed down a lot since his injury though.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Personally even if Crosby makes the the Canadian Junior squad(which he will ) and Perry doesnt, i still think Perry will not win the CHL scoring title. I think hes just caught a hot streak lately and Crosby hasn't been a 100% so the numbers are a little down for Crosby and little higher for Perry. I know perry has some great players to play with, but still a really talented player playing in the Q will rack up more points than an above average prospect playing in the O. Also Crosby will most likely put up 150+ points or so and i really cant see Perry doing that.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Crosby will only miss 4-5 games in the WJC... so that not much, and like #2 said he is on a cold streak (even if put up points every game) h'ell play 60 or so game this year... that's enough to win the scoring title... i'm sure he will be in fire after christmas

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Speed Demon said:
Does anyone know if Crosby has actually recovered 100%?
Well,I think only a few people are going to know that for sure.Sidey's production
after the Cabana hit is about half what it was before the hit.However there is
alot of things going on so it may not be because he's injured.Rimouski has given
Pouliot the lead role on the team:Pouliot 5 mins more icetime;Pouliot more time
on the power play;everyone feeding Pouliot including Sidney,who is now playing
the point on the powerplay.The nics have been changing Crosby's linemates in
the first half of the game and then put him with Pouliot in the second half.

It's hard to know if there is a method to their madness or if it's just madness.I
have a couple of possible theories.1)The Nics may be going to pouliot more to take some pressure off Sid.He was receiving alot of abuse at the start of the season.
2)the Nics may be showcasing Pouliot to trade him. My opinion is if they could
get 2 good D-men for him then do it.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
#2 said:
Personally even if Crosby makes the the Canadian Junior squad(which he will ) and Perry doesnt, i still think Perry will not win the CHL scoring title. I think hes just caught a hot streak lately and Crosby hasn't been a 100% so the numbers are a little down for Crosby and little higher for Perry. I know perry has some great players to play with, but still a really talented player playing in the Q will rack up more points than an above average prospect playing in the O. Also Crosby will most likely put up 150+ points or so and i really cant see Perry doing that.

Your logic is flawed. The OHL is scoring more goals than the QMJHL this year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad