Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Wild GM said:
Perry>McCauley? Wow
I would also go Fedoruk=Rissmiller. Totally different players, so harder to measure.

The rest look spot on.

Definitly wouldn't go Fedoruk=Rissmiller and if anything maybe Perry=McCauley.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Wild GM said:
Perry>McCauley? Wow
I would also go Fedoruk=Rissmiller. Totally different players, so harder to measure.

The rest look spot on.

Umm, shall we compare?

Fedoruk: 76GP 4G 19A 23PTS +6 174PIMS .302 PPG
Rissmiller: 18GP 3G 3A 6PTS +1 .333 PPG

Yeah, Rissmiller's got a little better PPG production, but that's in a sample size of games. Fedoruk is much more productive because he's an enforcer AND he puts up respectable numbers.

Perry: 56GP 13G 12A 25PTS +1 .446 PPG
McCauley: 76GP 12G 14A 26PTS -3 .342 PPG

I really don't see how you can say McCauley>Perry. :dunno:

Sammy*

76over39 said:
You are not smart.

-He has not been scratched in any games throughout the playoffs.
-Should a rookie be playing much more than 11 minutes a game in the playoffs? The only rookie forward who's doing that on the Ducks is Ryan Getzlaf.
Reading comprehension time. Not dressed dopes not equal scratched.
And if he as some fang dang good, the Duck brass sure must underrate him as they didnt even call himm up for the start of the playoffs :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Sammy said:
And if he as some fang dang good, the Duck brass sure must underrate him as they didnt even call himm up for the start of the playoffs :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Apparently you missed the post about the depth of the two teams. Either that or you, yourself, have a reading comprehension problem.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
Sammy said:

Wow, please stop posting in this thread.

Wasn't the depth of the two clubs already discussed here? Come on man, he wasn't needed at the beginning of the playoffs. Since his recall, he's pushed Moen and Hedstrom out of the lineup.

Randall Graves*

I don't think Penner will be better than Bernier. Bernier has a better pedigree, Penner is still a bit of an unknown. But Penner makes impacts on games without even scoring. I see him having 30 goal upside and the type that can wear guys down. Flames defensemen were bouncing off of him while he had the puck. I do think each player has pretty similar skill sets but Bernier is farther along and is younger.

Randall Graves*

Wild GM said:
so he wasn't considered one of the best 12 forwards when the playoffs started. check.
Wrong.

He's not a player that should be playing a 4th line role. and that's what he would've been prior to Fedoruks injury, and now he has supplanted a guy who was a regular.

go figure.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
76over39 said:
Umm, shall we compare?

Fedoruk: 76GP 4G 19A 23PTS +6 174PIMS .302 PPG
Rissmiller: 18GP 3G 3A 6PTS +1 .333 PPG

Yeah, Rissmiller's got a little better PPG production, but that's in a sample size of games. Fedoruk is much more productive because he's an enforcer AND he puts up respectable numbers.

Perry: 56GP 13G 12A 25PTS +1 .446 PPG
McCauley: 76GP 12G 14A 26PTS -3 .342 PPG

I really don't see how you can say McCauley>Perry. :dunno:

Once again...stats aren't everything. At this point in time, McCauley is a better player and was a selke finalist last year. He is perfect for a checking-line role.

Ducks fans are pretty intelligent, but they have a habit of thinking their prospects are the next coming...

Randall Graves*

superroyain10 said:
Once again...stats aren't everything. At this point in time, McCauley is a better player and was a selke finalist last year. He is perfect for a checking-line role.

Ducks fans are pretty intelligent, but they have a habit of thinking their prospects are the next coming...
So in the next 3 years who would you rather have, McCauley or Perry?
and I highly doubt Anaheim fans aren't the only ones who overrate their prospects either.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
RallyKiller said:
So in the next 3 years who would you rather have, McCauley or Perry?
and I highly doubt Anaheim fans aren't the only ones who overrate their prospects either.

I believe the debate was about "right now." In three years, the third and fourth lines will look completely different.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
superroyain10 said:
I believe the debate was about "right now." In three years, the third and fourth lines will look completely different.

I don't see how you can say you'd rather have McCauley than Perry. I guess it's your opinion, so whatever.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
76over39 said:
I don't see how you can say you'd rather have McCauley than Perry. I guess it's your opinion, so whatever.

Quite frankly, I don't see how you'd rather have Perry than McCauley, at least right now.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
How about we review this thread maybe 3-4 years down the road... The other option is to bring it up every time one of the two has a great game (which will be quite a lot of times)...

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
CaptainShark said:
How about we review this thread maybe 3-4 years down the road... The other option is to bring it up every time one of the two has a great game (which will be quite a lot of times)...

Agreed

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
Wild GM said:
Penner? Compared to Bernier? Wow that ridiculous. Undrafted and 4 years older than Bernier. It's like comparing Rissmiller to Getzlaf.

I've seen the light. Penner is a damn handful.

Now, I still don't think he's Bernier, it's MUCH much closer than I thought.

Damn the Ducks and Sharks are going to be scary these next few years.

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site
No question Penner was better in the playoffs this year, though of course he has about two years of age on Bernier, so a direct comparison's tough.

Funny thing is, Penner's got a booming 104 mph slapshot, but because he plays so near the net he never gets to use it. Saw him unleash it once for a goal earlier this year, it was scary-good.

CanoeRider

Mar 15, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta
As a guy who watched all the Oilers playoff games, I would say:

Bernier relies on his linemates quite a bit to help him cycle the puck down low, but his brute strength is amazing and he can really control the puck there. For the first two games, their line should have been #1, but after Torres rocked Michalek, they didn't have the same jump.

Getzlaf is a bit more finesse and can read and see plays as they happen. I was quite worried when he was on the ice, just because he was always looking at the right play.

Perry was injured during the first few games, and didn't really have as big an impact as the other two players.

Personally, I like Getzlaf better, but Bernier will still be a heck of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->