Perry / Bernier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
cheechoo14whitney said:
If you'd asked about Getzlaf and Bernier, it would have been a tough call.

But Perry or Bernier is an easy one... Steve Bernier :)

Getzlaf is a better player than Bernier...

Thats why I'm asking between those 2...

IMO, Perry is a better OFFENSIVE talent than Bernier but for OVERALL talent???

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
CrossCheck said:
Getzlaf is a better player than Bernier...

Thats why I'm asking between those 2...

IMO, Perry is a better OFFENSIVE talent than Bernier but for OVERALL talent???

Getzlaf is better then Bernier?????

Bernier over Both Perry and Getzlaf combined for me!!!

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Vanman said:
Getzlaf is better then Bernier?????

Bernier over Both Perry and Getzlaf combined for me!!!

:dunno: :dunno:

Getzlaf easily over Bernier

But back to the question, I'd take Perry over Bernier but not by much at all. I think if you put Perry on the line Bernier is on and he would be putting up the same, if not better numbers.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Bernier. His game is far more advanced than Perry's. Watching Bernier play, he has the composure of a veteran and fit right in to the Sharks lineup giving them two lines that are a threat to score a goal on every shift. Perry is all about flashy moves.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I know Bernier has done really well so far in the NHL, but thats no reason to suggest he is >>>>>>>> than Perry and Getzlaf.

Right now, he is certainly better than Perry in most facets of the game, and he has a higher ceiling. I think Getzlaf might become slightly better than Bernier, however. While Getzlaf can't hope to match Bernier's finishing ability, he is a significantly better skater and is a better two-way player. While Bernier may be stronger than Getzlaf, Getzlaf utilizes his strength more often than Bernier. Of course, need will reflect who is more valuable. For San Jose, Bernier is infinitely more valuable because of their incredible depth at center. Anaheim has Bobby Ryan and Dustin Penner to take up the power forward roles. Combined with its good depth in wing and their dire need for a true #1 center, Getzlaf is better for them.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
It´s nice that Steve is getting some respect here after being seriously underrated ever since he was drafted by most people (not only here on this board)...

Go Steve :)

Edit: I can´t compare Bernier to Perry or Getzlaf, as I saw only a handful of Anaheim´s games!

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
X-SHARKIE said:
Bernier vs Getzlaf is a close call, both are elite prospects.

Bernier vs Perry? I'll take Bernier, he's like Perry with uber strength.

Present:

Getzlaf>Bernier
Bernier>Perry

Future:

Getzlaf>Bernier
Bernier=Perry

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
cheechoo14whitney said:

I agree Bernier over Perry.

However Bernier vs Getzlaf... I'd have to think about that for a long time!

wildone26*

Present:

Bernier=Getzlaf
Bernier>Perry

Future:

Bernier>Getzlaf
Bernier>>>>way overhyped Perry

Transported Upstater

cheechoo14whitney said:

Same with me.

I'd take Bernier over Perry, and would take Getzlaf over either one.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
gabpas said:
Bernier>>> Perry
Bernier> Getzlaf - better scorer more of a power forward = better all around player

Bernier = .69 ppg
Getzlaf = .68 ppg

As you can see, they're playing at a very similar point per game clip but Getzlaf has sustained it for longer. Not to mention that Bernier plays with MUCH better linemates. I take Getzlaf over Bernier quite easily. That's no disrespect to Bernier, he's a fantastic player but I think Getzlaf is just that good.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Buffalo87 said:
Bernier = .69 ppg
Getzlaf = .68 ppg

As you can see, they're playing at a very similar point per game clip but Getzlaf has sustained it for longer. Not to mention that Bernier plays with MUCH better linemates. I take Getzlaf over Bernier quite easily. That's no disrespect to Bernier, he's a fantastic player but I think Getzlaf is just that good.

Frankly I don't think you know what you're talking about. Bernier doesn't get that much ice time and he's on the second powerplay unit. With the 1st powerplay unit consisting of Cheechoo and Thornton, Bernier usually sees limited time at the end of each man advantage. Getzlaf plays the point on the 1st powerplay unit.

As for points per game, Bernier hardly put up any points over his first 10 games, and was 2nd in goals in the ENTIRE NHL in March. If you scratch off those first 10 games where he didn't get much ice time, he was pretty much a point per game player.

Getzlaf over Bernier is really silly, especially for the reasons you've given. The two are very comparable talents in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad