Perry and Syvret: How many losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
As far as I know, Perry and Syvret have yet to taste defeat so far this season. I don't think the London Knights have lost a game with them in the line-up. Team OHL won both games against the Russian Selects, and team Canada's junior team won all their games, including exhibition. So I wanted to start a pool here. How many games will Perry/Syvret lose this season, and when will be their first loss?

Perry: 1 loss (In Memorial Cup final to Saskatoon)

Syvret: Ditto

And no this isn't homerism.....I'm actually a huge Wheat Kings fan. This is just a prediction, as I think the Blades are going to put it all together.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
While I agree Saskatoon is coming together very nicely, they are still a very young team. I think London would prevail over them because they have a lot more experience (mostly 19 year olds) and quite a few have been drafted (high end: Perry, Schrmep, Bolland) and the home crowd in London will help as well.

I use to live in Saskatoon and now live in London. Who would have thought these teams would one day play? Certainly not I, the Knights and Blades were horrible for the past 10 years until London started to improve a few years ago.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
BigAl said:
Perry: 1 loss (In Memorial Cup final to Saskatoon)

Syvret: Ditto

And no this isn't homerism.....I'm actually a huge Wheat Kings fan. This is just a prediction, as I think the Blades are going to put it all together.

It would be nothing short of a miracle if the Wheat Kings could beat the knights in a high pressure game like the memorial cup final. Stone and Fehr are amazing hockey players, but there are 5 guys on the knights who could be considered better. Plus there is the experiance of the london players. Getting Dennis was huge as he already has big mem-cup exp.

Reality would suggest that with Brandon's current roster, all of the knight would have to have mono before they lose to them.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
trahans99 said:
How is Logan Hunter doing in Peterborough?

He was injured for quite a while and just recently has returned.

It's kind of a great story the London Knights are. I remember back in the 1996 season, I think it was, they were a complete joke. I can still remember watching them play the Greyhounds at the Memorial Gardens and the Soo smoked them 9-1. That year they went 3-60-3 :eek: . How things have changed in London where the arrival of the Hunters as well as outstanding drafting have turned them into a team that is more likely to put in a record of 60-3-3 as opposed to the 3-60-3 mark they set 8 years ago.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Andrew_11 said:
He was injured for quite a while and just recently has returned.

It's kind of a great story the London Knights are. I remember back in the 1996 season, I think it was, they were a complete joke. I can still remember watching them play the Greyhounds at the Memorial Gardens and the Soo smoked them 9-1. That year they went 3-60-3 :eek: . How things have changed in London where the arrival of the Hunters as well as outstanding drafting have turned them into a team that is more likely to put in a record of 60-3-3 as opposed to the 3-60-3 mark they set 8 years ago.

That would be incredible, but I don't think they'll finish quite that strong. Although they have done more than i expected all along.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
No way in hell London will run the table for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

I don't think they will run the table, but they may come close if Fritsche can become the impact player London thought they got and with Dennis there now, Coleman will have to bring his game up a notch. Either way they will have 2, #1 goalies with experience now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->