Perron

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
What's his deal this season? I see his number kinda stink after a nice season last year. Do you think he is worth waiting for in a fantasy league?

He isn't getting as much ice time. Nor is he shooting as well.
He could get back to last season. But he probably won't get significantly more ice time.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Basically what everyone else has said. But if you watch the Oilers you would see why he hasn't been good. Not many players have been good.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I was worried, after his first 2 shifts tonight...brutal effort, and resulted in 2 major gaffes for give aways.
Glad he was able to right the ship.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
He hasn't been getting the sugar time, and in all honesty, last year will turn out to be the best of his career.

he's a good middle 6 winger that can get you 15-20g a year.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
He also had a hip injury that he was rehabbing right up to the start of training camp. I think he's suffering from a ****** offseason.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He flat out isn't showing up as much as we're used to seeing. By my count he's put a full effort in for three or four games.

If he isn't in the mood to piss off the opposition, he's pretty boring and doesn't create many opportunities for himself or for his teammates.

One thing I know for sure. Something has to give with Yakupov's puck luck. All this shooting is going to pay off and when we've got 2 lines putting pucks in the net it'll probably wear off on him in a positive way.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
He also had a hip injury that he was rehabbing right up to the start of training camp. I think he's suffering from a ****** offseason.

Yep I've heard this as well. It's likely that he didn't get to train as much as he would have wanted to over the offseason.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well I've heard both Eberle and Perron are nursing nagging injuries... and throw Nikitin in that group as well as he's been on and off the IR so thinking he's 100% is probably incorrect.

Of course you have to think that a lot of players play with something or the other nagging at them at times... part of the game.

Really I don't know if you can cut them much slack though. Injuries are a part of the game. If they are too serious they should be out recuperating and another player should be taking their place... especially in the regular season and if the player is "healthy enough" to play... well you have to expect them to put up decent performances and not just pass it off as a player playing through nagging injuries as the reason they are crapping the bed.

Looking at the stats... Eberle is putting up fairly decent numbers still.. although he's getting more/juicier minutes. Eberle is shooting 8.8%.. not great... but Perron is shooting at just 3%... obviously well below his career average.

I think Perron is simply in a slump and not getting it done offensively and his plus/minus reflects that those he plays with aren't getting it done defensively as a group either.

I think it's a good bet he won't put up numbers like he did last season because they are theoretically deeper on the wings this season and the minutes are simply going to be cut up a little more.

Short answer... he's in a slump which he'll break out of eventually but his numbers likely will be a fair bit short of his totals from last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad